Just played on the AU DotA 2 servers.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

drewsaget

01-03-2013

People that say the dota community is worse than the lol community must not have played much of both games. I've played around 300 dota 2 games which I guess puts me at the same experience as a level 30 in lol and I must say I have probably gotten more rage in a bad week of solo queue than in my entire dota career.

Inanimate Object

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2013

Riot really has no excuse for their silence on the issue of Aus servers now. If Valve thinks Aus servers are justified for a beta with a peak of 200,000 online players worldwide, there is no reason there shouldn't be LoL servers for the self-proclaimed biggest game of 2012.

The Aussies I've played with so far have been a pretty chill bunch too.

Ahri all day

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoozealot View Post
People keep saying that, but almost every LoL game is worse than all my games in Dota 2. Granted I only have 50 Dota 2 games.
And at least people in Dota 2 have at least one valid reason to be raging. Valve cocked up the matchmaking, so it puts you with random people. think of it like getting stuck in 1200 elo and never getting out, and ranked starts at level 1.....There isn't a person in the world that can't get pissed at this sometimes.

TacticalJR

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2013

PAX is coming to Australia this new, that means that the gaming community is large here in Australia, and Riot Games should not neglect us.

Eddnav

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by montyElGato View Post
Whenever I see DotA2 mentioned, there is at least one person who complains about the community. I can't see it. Really; not when consideration is given to the LoL community.

So... what's the problem with the DotA2 community? Do they not cater to crybabies that want someone "banned" every time a word they don't like is used in chat?

You'll NEVER get away from trolls and ragemonsters in an online environment -- especially in a competitive gaming environment! But I think LoL has almost made it WORSE by catering to the people who want to "control" this kind of thing. A community of whiners and tattletales has been created in LoL.

Or is there some other issue with the DotA2 community?
I fully agree, the community here is going on a downward spiral to destruction with this tribunal thing, people get suspended and even banned for saying ''easy'', lol seriously?, lol wasn't like this, people didn't whine this much for the most ridiculous things, worse than that, the new players think they can school veterans and act even worse than the ''ragers''.

TacticalJR

01-03-2013

Bump, Riot needs to know that there are aussies that have serious lag problems, and makes playing more difficult, esp for skill shot champs

WorstAlistarEver

01-03-2013

inb4 australian server

irocksock

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raolan View Post
I love LoL but that was the first time I've played a relatively lag free MOBA/ARTS/dota-style game. (There really needs to be a better name. They're all bad.)

Wish LoL had Valve's money.
Riot does have alot of money just think how much they spent on the LoL championships

Nifty Trout

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destrucshot View Post
Oh but they do. In fact, they probably have more. But they probably shove it into e-sports.
too bad it was valve who first made the $2 million tourney

Nifty Trout

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekrose View Post
And at least people in Dota 2 have at least one valid reason to be raging. Valve cocked up the matchmaking, so it puts you with random people. think of it like getting stuck in 1200 elo and never getting out, and ranked starts at level 1.....There isn't a person in the world that can't get pissed at this sometimes.
beta