Just played on the AU DotA 2 servers.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Destrucshot

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raolan View Post
I love LoL but that was the first time I've played a relatively lag free MOBA/ARTS/dota-style game. (There really needs to be a better name. They're all bad.)

Wish LoL had Valve's money.
Oh but they do. In fact, they probably have more. But they probably shove it into e-sports.

Codekey

01-03-2013

I was never interested in DotA and never thought to bother with DotA 2 but AU servers are tempting! Thanks for the heads up.

Eddnav

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destrucshot View Post
Oh but they do. In fact, they probably have more. But they probably shove it into e-sports.
Lol no, Dota 2 is not Valve's only game, also Riot's a baby company.

Eddnav

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codekey View Post
I was never interested in DotA and never thought to bother with DotA 2 but AU servers are tempting! Thanks for the heads up.
You should, the community isn't all that bad either, it's just as bad here with the lane callers, and no english people who constantly ping for nonsense while saying ''team bad gg'', in fact, you get some games where everyone uses the built in voip and it gets really fun, sometimes funny with jokes and stuff, and if they get in your bad side just mute them, I love league but Dota for me is the better game, I still play both though, have around 2k normal game matches in league and steam's dota 2 clocked at around 800 hours, and, if you get better in dota 2 and play lol later you will find yourself improved, because most of the similar gameplay is harder in dota 2.

Kawaii black man

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2013

For me the lag is way more noticeable in Dota than in LoL, I don't know why. Even with the same ping I lag like 1 second on Dota and less than half a second in LoL.

Apox

01-03-2013

i haven't played Dota2 for a while, been tempted to play around with it again. i've got the basics down but that op learning curve keeps me hesitating.

montyElGato

01-03-2013

Whenever I see DotA2 mentioned, there is at least one person who complains about the community. I can't see it. Really; not when consideration is given to the LoL community.

So... what's the problem with the DotA2 community? Do they not cater to crybabies that want someone "banned" every time a word they don't like is used in chat?

You'll NEVER get away from trolls and ragemonsters in an online environment -- especially in a competitive gaming environment! But I think LoL has almost made it WORSE by catering to the people who want to "control" this kind of thing. A community of whiners and tattletales has been created in LoL.

Or is there some other issue with the DotA2 community?

Dreggon

01-03-2013

This was the best Christmas present ever.

KaXaSA51

01-03-2013

if I had to guess the issue is most likely the number of players...

in dota 2 with one client and one account ou can join any server so if it's hard to find a game in your country that's not a huge issue...

PickleChutney

01-03-2013

It really is a rewarding game to learn.