Competition Ruling: DQs of Unstoppable, Nubbypoohbear, Zekent and ROBERTxLEE

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Memorylame

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2013

Zekent and ROBERTXLEE have made me sick for years...the way they do elo jobs all the while with smiles, jokes and generally looking like the perfect example of how a player should act in game...they are like LoL shysters how they manage to remain evil while looking more pious then everyone in the community...

NoFxFireBlaze

01-04-2013

GJ Riot cheating on an online qualifier effectively screwed for the season, cheating at your major championship next to no penalty.

You guys really are a riot to watch make horrendous decisions.

I don't know what you're paid to do your job to manage esports areas but you're paid WAY too much.

yangtsur

01-04-2013

Good call. Examples has to be made to warn the comming game breakers.

tryptamineszz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2013

This is some serious precedent riot

hope you guys are sure bout what your doin

Omar010

01-04-2013

goood

GaRiPeTo

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitingpig View Post

Analysis
The actions of Unstoppable, Nubbypoohbear, Zekent, ROBERTxLEE and their confederate are commonly known as “ghosting,” which is when a game spectator illegally provides information about an opponent’s positions and/or movements.
Nailed it.

SKT T1 HotshotGG

01-04-2013

What's up with Cruzer? I like that guy and I really hope Riot isn't the reason that he isn't playing this season.

SKT T1 HotshotGG

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memorylame View Post
Zekent and ROBERTXLEE have made me sick for years...the way they do elo jobs all the while with smiles, jokes and generally looking like the perfect example of how a player should act in game...they are like LoL shysters how they manage to remain evil while looking more pious then everyone in the community...
Are you sure Zekent did elo jobs?

UODK

01-04-2013

Wow I can't believe it.

The others... well it's not really a big surprise... but for Zekent to actually participate in it.. I am surprised. He had been one of my favorites to watch on stream. That really surprises me.

I can't imagine why teams would do stuff like this.. I mean they know thousands of people are watching what they do and really... cmon this is 2013... anything and everything on the internet is traceable... why would you think that no one would ever find out in the first place.

As much as I hate to say it(because I like Zekent, despite 1 mistake) I think the ruling was to passive. If you cheat... you shouldn't be allowed to participate for the rest of the season.

This was an official, professional sanctioned event in MLG. The players involved proved lack the capacity to show sportsmanship and play fair. The players involved should not be allowed to participate in S3 professionally. Other players have accounts that get "perma-banned" for toxic behavior and those players are DQ'd from competing for a whole season(iwilldominate) ... this is the same IMO. Teams cheating = toxic behavior. This punishment allows these players to still have a chance to make it to some late rounds of S3 in the end. After an incident where they did admit to cheating, I don't think that's right to all the players that played fair to even allow a chance for a team that cheated to advance.

IMO the incidents @ the worlds where players were looking up at the mini maps should have DQ'd those teams from the tournament then too.. but instead fines were given out and those teams were allowed to continue. Riot seems to do a good job catching cheaters, but people continue to do it because the penalties aren't harsh enough. Cheating should be a "1 and done" type of offense.

Demeris

01-04-2013

i think revealing the chick's name was a bit too far