Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

next update

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lobomaster74

01-03-2013

so when is the next update and what champ and skins come in it

DarkTundras

01-04-2013

PBE is for testing, why are ppl constantly asking when new content is coming it, IT COMES OUT WHEN IT COMES OUT, JEESUS

DogBlesseD

01-04-2013

ditto, PBE is for testing not to get to play new champs and skins...just test, and give helpful feedback

MastrKage

01-04-2013

somehow this got double posted...

MastrKage

01-04-2013

i have to disagree with the above comments.

The purpose of a test server IS to play new champions and try out new skins. we have to test them out and see what bugs we come up with. if there was no new content for testers to try, then what makes a difference between the real server and the test one? there wouldnt be any differences and you might as well just play the real server and stumble across any bugs as you go.

In all, the purpose of a test server, IS to play out new content before it goes public on the main server.

Angelic Dart

01-04-2013

Quote:
MastrKage:

The purpose of a test server IS to play new champions and try out new skins. we have to test them out and see what bugs we come up with. if there was no new content for testers to try, then what makes a difference between the real server and the test one? there wouldnt be any differences and you might as well just play the real server and stumble across any bugs as you go.

In all, the purpose of a test server, IS to play out new content before it goes public on the main server.

but OP just wants to play the new champs and skins or at least what everyone is assuming. I prefer to test out the nerfs and boosts then new champs or skins

IivenotoneviI

01-04-2013

Thank god sign-ups got closed for a while. Go back to live server OP

Triboon

01-05-2013

Quote:
MastrKage:

You can also test out buffs/nerfs.....................

gintsu

01-05-2013

Most look at pbe as testing bugs but I would like to think that it's much more. Riot gets tons of feedback on skins and champions if players like them what they don't like about them etc. The feel to the champions/skin is also an important part of pbe i would like to think at least. Game breaking bugs and graphic glitches are a quite big part of it but over all feedback I think is what pbe is about.

Wondering when the next champ/skin is coming out can be looked at in more than one way. So far riot has done well with champions and skins. They did get a ton of feedback about the shaco skin not matching the splash art etc.

iTz WaffleS v2

Recruiter

01-05-2013

Quote:
Who Triboon:
You can also test out buffs/nerfs.....................

While this is true, this guy clearly just wants to jump on the beta only to play the new skins and champs, and not worry about anything else, there is so much more that goes on than just that, and by only testing those 2 things, you are just wasting a spot on the pbe that someone else who actually tests things and reports them, could be doing. So like someone else said, go play the live game and wait til they get released there and leave the testing to people who actually care about the game.