Help with riven solo top

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Helius

01-24-2013

Been trying to play her, i usually do pretty bad... i've been going in the ranges of 0/4-3/6 sort of thing, any tips from riven players to step my game up? much appreciated

BrasilHoNplayer

01-24-2013

Dont play riven anymore to many people are buidling Warmogs

Nocturnes

01-24-2013

Farm pseudo-passively till level 6, then press R and auto-win your lane.

Irelia Carries U

01-24-2013

i dont play riven but i have a lot of experience vsing her being an irelia main, but from what i hear, your best bet is to kill some jungle creep before coming into lane (starting with q obv), hit lvl 2 before the other guy, stun him, q-q-q-q-ignite dead

also make sure you auto attack between each q for extra damage

you should snowball from there, easy button R at 6 as well not darius easy but still easy

roswends

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2013

www.lolcounter.com

Insert riven and let us know if you've been matched against your supposed counters.

Hi Guys I Suck

01-24-2013

nobody can really beat you on the first few levels. Go in for some level 1 harass, reach level 2 before the other guy and flash stun ignite combo. Easy first blood, then the lane becomes super easy.

ProvoPunk

01-24-2013

She used to be my main till her popularity shot up, my best advice would be to start a custom game and practice last hitting and using her passive to the fullest potential.
A general Riven build would be
Merc Treads (avoid Berserker's Greaves)
Bloodthirster
*Black Cleaver
Guardian Angel
Randuins Omen or Warmogs with the popularity of Stacking Hp instead of a mix of Hp and armor
Hexdrinker then Maw of Malmortius if they have alot of AP
or you can try Mercurial Scimitar but I find Maw's Passives add alot more incentive to buy it.
Remember not to spam her Broken Wings but to do this Q-AA-Q-AA-Q-AA as it will let you get your passive off much more often. Hope this helps. Oh and remember know your role and know when you cant win a trade use your ult often and at the beginning of a fight or you are wasting half of it's use just to Snipe.

cursed1

01-24-2013

Look at the items your enemy is building.

Pure damage? You'll probably win an all in.
Pure health? You can't nuke them. Win trades, force them back or zone them. Outfarm heavily in cs.
Mixed? You'll still probably win that all in.

Also, figure out how to play against different champs. Some you just want to e>w>aa then q away to trade. Others you want to hard initiate the trades. Learn to time your trades and all ins for when the minion wave is in your favour too.

TechnalityPulse

01-24-2013

Wanna play Riven top?
Don't freaking max your Q first.

Q>W>E>W>E>R, and then max W, E, Q. Q first Riven is for midven.
Now, Q, AA, Q, AA, W, AA, Q, AA, E combo is amazing for harrass if you're not afraid of taking a hit.
E, W, AA, 3Q getaway is good for going in, bursting a bit of damage, and getting out without taking much damage.
There are plenty of more combos to max out her passive use and to deal/mitigate damage, but I use those the most.

Don't go Black Cleaver first. Boots+3/longsword+2, Vamp Scepter, Brutalizer, Situational boots (Tabi/Treads), Bloodthirster, Last Whisper, Warmogs, Black Cleaver, Guardians Angel.
That's my usual build over the course of a game.

Masteries:21/9/0

Runes: Typical top runes, AD/pen marks, AD quints, Armor/MR seals/glyphs.

Helius

01-24-2013

thanks for the advice.