Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Riot: Banner for Tribunal

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lemonilla

01-03-2013

What do you guys think of this? A banner for having a certain % or above correct casses. I believe it would cause people to have better manners in game, if they are reminded of the possible penalties.

What do you guys think?

EDIT: It could be an event thing where they give this banner periodicity (randomly) to people who frequent the tribunal. This would remove the incentive to spam due to the unreliably of receiving the reward. In turn, it will not harm those who use the tribunal as they would receive it eventually.

Sir Jordan

01-03-2013

Ok here goes, I am overall for a tribunal banner, but it would have to be changed a bit because it's currently very very easy to get a high accuracy. People who are reported to the tribunal are only there if they have recieved reports in numerous other games, and therefore tend to be people who deserve punishment judgements. When I use the tribunal I think to myself if I would be ok playing with this person. Using this criteria, the vast majority of my decisions are punish, with a few skips and a few less pardons. Doing this, my accuracy is very high, (100% last I checked). This means that for someone to get a banner all they would have to do would be to go on and punish EVERYTHING.

This is not currently a problem because there is no reward for the tribunal, and the only people who use it are people who actually care about making the game better, but if you offer some sort of reward to the public, then a huge problem arrives where people spam punish just to get the banner. There would have to be some sort of mechanic to stop people from doing this.

True Bandito

01-03-2013

It could work.

I support.

messymike

01-03-2013

dont we have enough on the loading screen/profile page arleady?

no need to promote the people who take pride in punishing accounts that have been active for years by reading 10 seconds of text

Kuusou

Recruiter

01-03-2013

Good idea, worried about people rushing through cases though just for a banner.

Lemonilla

01-03-2013

@nG Xaive @messymike
This wont happen though, because It would be based on CORRECT casses, so if people rushed through they would most likely get them wrong. Also... who would spam the tribunal for a banner? I find that people did no such thing with the teamwork banners.

Sir Jordan

01-03-2013

random bump.

Bertyo

01-03-2013

Absolutely disgusting. You don't need rewards because you don't play the game and instead choose to power trip and be a judge.

Lemonilla

01-03-2013

@Sir Jordan
I would agree with this. I myself to not participate in the tribunal (don't have much time) It could be an event thing where they give this banner periodicity (randomly) to people who frequent the tribunal. This would remove the incentive to spam due to the unreliably of receiving the reward. In turn, it will not harm those who use the tribunal as they would receive it eventually.

Lemonilla

01-03-2013

@Bertyo
Why not? they are helping to make the community a better environment by getting rid of people like you.