Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

League Causing Computer to Freeze

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Disco Disco

01-03-2013

Hey guys,

League has been causing some issues recently. Once in a while (a little less than once a week) league will freeze up my entire computer, and I am forced to shut it down by holding down the power button. This is an issue I only have with league as it has never happened in any other game or while browsing the web.

Some have suggested it was a driver issue, but everything is up to date. Others say it is a memory leak caused by league but I am running 16 GB of RAM and do not think that could be the issue/ don't know how to solve a memory leak. Temps have also been checked and my CPU/GPU temps are average for what I have.

I just want to try and figure out why league is causing my entire computer to crash occasionally so I can start playing ranked without having to worry that any second my computer may freeze.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!