Quick Freezing and Unfreezing with Sound Looping

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dudlington

01-03-2013

My hard drive went bad about 6 months ago, and so I purchased a new one. I didn't have recovery disks for my notebook, and so I downloaded an iso image from a reputable site, and activated windows using the key on the bottom of my notebook. I updated all of my drivers, and updated my BIOS. I installed LOL. Ever since I purchased that new WD Scorpio Blue 320 GB hard drive with an 8 mb Mo cache and 5400 RPM, I get a slight freezing in most games that I play on my laptop including LOL. Specifically, the game will freeze and the sound will loop for about 2 or 3 seconds at random times, and then unfreeze and all is fine. This is an extremely annoying problem, as I can be easily killed in those 2 or 3 seconds where I have no control over my character. I know for sure that this isn't a graphics lag issue or a network issue, as LOL ran fine before my new hard drive and the new windows. This happens in several games such as Command and Conquer Renegade, and Face of Mankind as well. Can somebody please help me fix this issue, and thank you for your time.

Dudlington

01-03-2013

Anyone have the same problem or know of a solution?

BlobPower

01-03-2013

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1643508

Disable all sounds for testing, if it doesn't freeze anymore, then it points even more to the HDD.

The best solution would be playing from a ram drive. But maybe playing from some usb flash storage or even a sd card could work wonders.

Dudlington

01-04-2013

Only thing is with the new hdd, it has the same rpm as my old hdd, so I don't think that could cause an issue. And do you mean installing lol on a flash drive, and then launching it from there?

Gl0um

01-04-2013

If there is a sound loop it's maybe your audio card. Buy a cheap USB Audio Card, check, and change your audio card if it's solved.

BlobPower

01-04-2013

Once LoL is installed on your computer, you can just copy the folder anywhere you want and launch it from there. There's no need to reinstall the game unless you deinstalled it.