Thoughts on Nami

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Apollinarius

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steakasaurus View Post
You're playing Nami wrong. She's not a poke and harass support. She's not a sustain support. She's a support that thrives on engagement. The reason that her W needs to bounce to be efficient, is because you're supposed to be using this when you're engaging or disengaging. That's why her passive gives bonus move speed. To Engage. Or to disengage. Her E is extremely powerful, and adds a very significant amount of damage to her carries output, as well as a very potent slow. Her Q may seem uneventful, but you seem to forget that its an AoE 1.25 second stun. This is huge. This ability is one the easiest double kill set ups out there, and also really helps in terms of highlighting priority targets for your team focus due to the very dominant visual effect. This is supposed to be used in conjuction with her passive to engage the enemy with a significant stun or break away from an engagement by delaying the enemy's advance.

Her ult is hands down on of the best in the game. No, it might not lock up champs like Sona's, but did you forget that this thing is MASSIVE. It not only knocks up everything it travels through, but also applies a gigantic, potent slow, while slapping the enemy team with a respectable chunk of damage.

tl;dr: You're playing Nami wrong. She's an engage/disengage support. Similar to the tide. She comes in, and flows out. You're an idiot if you're trying to harass with her like you're playing Sona, or expecting her to deliver the same level of carry babysitting/hard disengage like Janna. Nami thrives on quick trades and strategic engagements.
That is how I tried playing her. It turns out that when you move close enough to engage with W, the enemy ADC attacks you and does way more damage than your bouncing water caress does.

Her E is very hard to notice so most ADC's don't react when they get it. When they do notice it, they stay and fight, only to realize that the enemy ADC with Janna's shield is outdamaging them hard and taking little damage.

Her ultimate is a good skill and would be a perfect addition to a good kit (any other champion). On Nami, it's not enough to make up for her weaknesses in every other respect.

I feel that way too much of Nami's power is actually bundled into the gimmicky part of her passive where her offensive abilities give allied champions movement speed. Is the fact that her E gives 30ms for 1.5 seconds enough to make up for its lack of shield? Is the fact that her R gives 30ms for 1.5 seconds enough to make up for its narrow width?

Nami might be better if you're duoing with the ADC player so you can syncronize your movements and benefit more from bounces and the short ms boost. But the very fact that her kit relies on perfect communication in order to work at all makes her an example of a badly designed champion.

Nami's numbers are actually way too high. Her W heals for 185 while damaging for 230. That's stronger than Sona's Q+W combo. Nami's Q hits for 290 base and stuns in an AOE. Those numbers are absurdly high and overpowered. If you're having success with Nami, it's because she has OP numbers, not because she is a good champion.

Nami's Q should hit for 230 at max rank. Her W should have maximum heal of 140 and maximum damage of 180 to be balanced. Except, it turns out that she is so bad that if she had anything other than incredibly OP skills, she wouldn't even be able to squeeze out the pathetic winrate she has now.

anu mara

01-04-2013

Nami feels like she's punished for her potential, rather than what you actually get to use.

Mohrb

01-04-2013

Indeed... I'd be happy to see her numbers go down if her skills became more reliable. Look at brand's ult.... It's hard to get out of range to stop the bounces.... Nami's ebb and flow can heal/damage for less per hit if it can be used more frequently and reliably to turn the tides... Not as a clinch heal/nuke. I'd much rather see it bounce like brands ult, low cool down, low cost, flat 5_10% max health bounces to constantly wear people down rather than big unreliable clinch heals.

CerealBoxOfDoom

01-04-2013

nami's greatest weakness is that she requires 1 entire competent teammate. An entire single teammate that knows what the **** they need to do lol.

just 1

GL in blind pick lol, I wish the wait for draft wasnt so horrible, plus the que jumpers reset it

imanoobyesiam

01-04-2013

horrible champ maybe it was just my lane i've had 2 support nami with ezreal the lane was horrible.

RadiantWings

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2013

Her E is not an AD steroid. It's a cleverly disguised nuke that deals damage over 3 autoattacks and has a combined worse damage/slow/cooldown than a single use of Janna's Zephyr or Nunu's Snowball. Half the time, you're better off putting it on yourself so that you make sure that none of the shots are wasted.

CerealBoxOfDoom

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantWings View Post
Her E is not an AD steroid. It's a cleverly disguised nuke that deals damage over 3 autoattacks and has a combined worse damage/slow/cooldown than a single use of Janna's Zephyr or Nunu's Snowball. Half the time, you're better off putting it on yourself so that you make sure that none of the shots are wasted.
you can also use it to set up other abilities. Put it on the tank.

Seachase

01-05-2013

Nami is fine,i main her,you just have no idea how to play her correctly,she is CC support with a heal. she is not meant to be able to do dmg.she counters kat,fiora,akali.yi,voli etc. she is mean to stun people so ur team can start a fight with the other team stunned.stop making QQ threads about her and use her for more than 5 games.

DeepSpaceNinja

01-05-2013

I find her kind of on the weak side, although I'm not very good with her.

Comparing her to other supports she's weaker in every aspect. For example Taric's stun is much better because it is targeted and lasts about the same length.

Both her Q and R are difficult to use offensively because of the delay/wave speed. I find that I'm mainly using them when running or saving someone which doesn't really win games.

I much prefer aggressive supports like Sona/Leona but that's just me.

My Desired Name

01-05-2013

League of Legends logic:

1. Champion takes skill to play.

Therefore we can come to the following conclusion: Champion must suck.