Thoughts on Nami

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sir Tiddles

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom View Post
Her MS is being improved next patch

She's also getting some Cooldown reductions on earlier levels of Q
So Riot thinks her Q isn't balanced and needs some buffs? Remember all your raging, name calling, and insulting people who said her Q needed buffs and wasn't balanced?

CerealBoxOfDoom

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Tiddles View Post
So Riot thinks her Q isn't balanced and needs some buffs? Remember all your raging, name calling, and insulting people who said her Q needed buffs and wasn't balanced?
I don't remember being like that over anyones actual opinions. But recently I have run into a lot of big ****ing mouths...

This game isnt like a highwire act where champions are delicately tuned to balance against others.

Its more like a sculpture or painting. The eyelashes don't require emphasis but what if you want to use them to express your desire for a certain emotion to a certain audience?

Is nami fun? What does nami do? As I said, nami is not designed to spam (hence the very small cooldown reduction theyre giving her) but just because she can't be allowed to spam isn't an excuse to make her unfun everytime she goes on cooldown. It is very stressful to play a caster who can't cast for a while and its not a huge deal since her Q is a flexible and situational skillshot. Due to nami's nature they can even double the power of it and it would still be fairly balanced, of course theyd have to take a look at those heavily and directly effected by this and increase the risk/reward factor but whatever.

I find the idea that every buff/nerf implies imbalance to be silly, I find your suggested point of view to be silly.

CerealBoxOfDoom

01-03-2013

looks like the nami buff might not happen.

but blitz, lee sin, and udyr are getting some changes

Mohrb

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleupagus View Post
Her Q takes getting used to because it does feel a little slow, but if landed right you can stun multiple people with it. It's not meant to have huge damage, it's a stun. It's an AoE stun, which is fantastic.
Her stun: Small AoE, super slow cast, 1.25 second stun... if someone's asleep and lets you hit them. (although, hers does have pretty decent damage)

Veigar's stun: Much larger AoE, instant cast (stays for 3 seconds in case you happen to miss... you can lead them a bit and let them walk into it), 1.5-2.5 second stun

... not on the same playing field as a stun. The damage is nice, and at .65 AP ratio, it's not bad. But not enough to warrant trying to stack AP for that damage.

... also, People keep talking about using her Q to buff ally speed... True, if they're in a team fight, the speed couldn't hurt... but does anyone actually attempt to cast this on an ally for the sole purpose of the speed boost? Does ANYONE actually think that passive activation is worth the mana/CD?

... now, maybe if, when it hit an ally they were healed as well... that could be interesting. She'd be a huge force of "turning the tides" in team fights... but as is... 60 mana for a couple seconds of a tiny move speed bonus... IF you hit? If they're moving, you're unlikely to hit. If they're not moving, the bonus will be wasted.

Ashlea

01-04-2013

Personally, Mohrb, I have no issue landing Nami's stun. Again, it's about learning how to time it, it's not that difficult. Veigar's AOE stun is much larger, yes, so? I'm not sure what you're trying to get at.

Mohrb

01-04-2013

You'd mentioned that, as a support, her AoE stun was fantastic. Meanwhile, veigar (not a support) has a stun that blows hers out of the water in every category except damage (most notibly that it lasts longer at rank 1, and by the time it's maxed, it lasts fully twice as long). And I rarely see anyone suggest that veigar's stun qualifies him as "a support character."

Someone pointed out in another thread that Nami compares very closely to Janna... except, again, that Janna tends to outperform her all over the place. Janna's Q is at least comparable to Nami's ult. Janna's shield is definitively better than nami's E. The shield is also more reliable damage mitigation. Janna's passive always affects everyone on the map, definitively better than Nami's passive... Janna wins out across the map... and is still generally considered a pretty sub-par character.

Kinda proves that nami could use a buff to catch up. Just expanding AoEs would take care of it all.

PaperPlates

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2013

This is what Nami is supposedly receiving soon.

Nami

Base Movement Speed increased to 335 from 330'
Aqua Prison's cooldown reduced to 14/13/12/11/10 from 16/14.5/13/11.5/10

Here is a link to the page that has info on various other champion nerf/buffs with items as well. http://www.surrenderat20.net/2012/12...be-update.html

Qsario

01-04-2013

I main Janna. I like Nami, but I can't help but feel that all of her skills are sub-par in comparison. Ebb & flow is the only interesting one and it just doesn't offer that much. I'd take tornado over Nami's ult any day, let alone her Q, not to mention Janna's passive over Nami's.

She feels rather lacking every time I try to play her and it's a pity, because she's interesting.

Apollinarius

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohrb View Post
Instead of just saying "she's useless" ... How about a suggestion.

Easiest one would just be to significantly boost the AoE or missile speed of her q and w... And increase thw duration of her e so that shots can be selectively taken.... Going into a fight... Not just for buffing someone already attacking. I.e. 3 shots or 30 seconds. High tier teams wouldn't be given an unfair buff like "all hits for 5 seconds".... But lower tier players will find it reliably useful for helping a carry last hit in early game and harass/chase layer.

Simple fixes could make her very good. But yea... Her shots are a tiny air for how slow they are. Very unreliable.
There are a million things that could be done to make her more useful. I don't really care whether Riot does anything to fix her. I main support and I tried her during her free week. The experience was disappointing.

Apollinarius

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohrb View Post
You'd mentioned that, as a support, her AoE stun was fantastic. Meanwhile, veigar (not a support) has a stun that blows hers out of the water in every category except damage (most notibly that it lasts longer at rank 1, and by the time it's maxed, it lasts fully twice as long). And I rarely see anyone suggest that veigar's stun qualifies him as "a support character."

Someone pointed out in another thread that Nami compares very closely to Janna... except, again, that Janna tends to outperform her all over the place. Janna's Q is at least comparable to Nami's ult. Janna's shield is definitively better than nami's E. The shield is also more reliable damage mitigation. Janna's passive always affects everyone on the map, definitively better than Nami's passive... Janna wins out across the map... and is still generally considered a pretty sub-par character.

Kinda proves that nami could use a buff to catch up. Just expanding AoEs would take care of it all.
I've played two games where I was supported by a Veigar. We destroyed. Paired with the right ADC, Veigar's stun is a free kill. Also, his ultimate will always be a strong nuke against AP champions, even if he has no items.

Veigar's problem is that for whatever reason people don't play him very much. But he's actually a very powerful and versatile champion.