Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I find this very ironic

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NaJin Slash

01-03-2013

People call what they feel most comfortable in. Which is why it's best to try and talk/ comprimse with your team. I prefer mid, but hardly get it, usually end up ADC or Jungle. While not my best roles, it's decent. The whole pick vs call thing is pretty complicated since you really don't know if they will do well compared to you. Like if I know someone is a better jungler than me, I won't take it just because I'm one pick ahead of them.

Noobgrenade

01-03-2013

Compromise =/= playing everything.
I don't play bot lane. At all. I find it insufferably boring. Luckily, I rather like jungling, which has become the new whipping boy role that is always left. I will also happily take mid or top.

Kuusou

Recruiter

01-03-2013

Quote:
Rauschen:
No, it isn't his job to hold everyone's hand like that.

You're not expected to be a master of the lane or extremely skilled at it, just don't be that guy that's 0/11 saying "omg noobs i told u i never play top."

Just learn enough of the role that you don't feed. Knowing the enemy champion's abilities is half the battle, and you can learn that comfortably from your role of preference.

^this.

Don't be the person that feeds because he didn't get the role that he want. Even if he wasn't mad, he still shouldn't have joined the queue in the first place if he at least had an ideas of jungling mechanics.

DerpyGeth

01-03-2013

Quote:
Rauschen:
No, it isn't his job to hold everyone's hand like that.

You're not expected to be a master of the lane or extremely skilled at it, just don't be that guy that's 0/11 saying "omg noobs i told u i never play top."

Just learn enough of the role that you don't feed. Knowing the enemy champion's abilities is half the battle, and you can learn that comfortably from your role of preference.

I'm sorry, but I thought that a team was supposed to help each other out. I get that it's better if you know every role to an adequate level, but if someone simply CANNOT play a role and they SAY they cannot in the champ select screen, then isn't it better for everyone on your team if someone sacrifices their favorite role if it means the teams chance of winning improves?

NaJin Slash

01-03-2013

If you fail to come to some type of arrangement when some has a concern or says they absolutely cannot play "x" effectively. And you still proceed to just do what you want because you were a higher pick, you're not only gimping that team member, but the team as a whole.

DerpyGeth

01-03-2013

Quote:
UndeadNinja:
If you fail to come to some type of arrangement when some has a concern or says they absolutely cannot play "x" effectively. And you still proceed to just do what you want because you were a higher pick, you're not only gimping that team member, but the team as a whole.

Pretty much my point exactly.

Kuusou

Recruiter

01-03-2013

Quote:
DerpyGeth:
Pretty much my point exactly.

But doesn't it get tiring when you babysit someone every single game?

I'm just saying. :l

DerpyGeth

01-03-2013

Quote:
nG Xaive:
But doesn't it get tiring when you babysit someone every single game?

I'm just saying. :l

If you don't want to have to 'babysit' a person every game, go play Blind Pick. I, for one, would rather have my entire team enjoy the positions they play, and win, than have a single person hate their role, and cause us to lose.

FrozenChinchilla

Master Recruiter

01-03-2013

If you can't play support then don't even try to play ranked.

DerpyGeth

01-03-2013

Quote:
FrozenChinchilla:
If you can't play support then don't even try to play ranked.

See last few pages of discussion.