I find this very ironic

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Toxic on Ice

01-03-2013

I read a thread in GD about how compromising roles should come before pick order.

I then joined a ranked game where someone called top, but was forced to go jungle because first pick took top instead. He didn't do very well, our team raged at him, and he ended up giving up. He sat back at the fountain until we inevitably surrendered due to getting owned.

:/ *sigh* Why do people have to be so rude about what role they want?

Kuusou

Recruiter

01-03-2013

You should NEVER join a ranked game unless you are viable of playing at least every role efficiently. Don't go in and say "adc" but not get it, and end up going 0/13789174981 because you've never supported before. Just tell him to stop playing ranked and dodge or something.

IS13c7fafe7804f7429d10e

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by nG Xaive View Post
You should NEVER join a ranked game unless you are viable of playing at least every role efficiently. Don't go in and say "adc" but not get it, and end up going 0/13789174981 because you've never supported before. Just tell him to stop playing ranked and dodge or something.
If not more!

Phreak IRL

01-03-2013

Quote:
Which is why people call roles in the first place, since it's not like people have preferences and, you know, individual playstyles.

Tilare

01-03-2013

Pick order does have higher priority to role calling, yes. However, just because you have an earlier pick to someone doesn't mean you shouldn't give them that role. Yes, you should be able to play all roles at least competently, but still, if you call your best role and it gets taken by someone earlier, they have no real right to yell at you for doing poorly, especially if you state it is your best role and you might feed otherwise.

DerpyGeth

01-03-2013

Quote:
Well, since you feel that everyone should know every role, if someone is not proficient in a certain role, shouldn't you be the bigger person and take that role for them, and let them play a role that they can play effectively? Or is it too much to ask?

Toxic on Ice

01-03-2013

Quote:
It's not that he couldn't play all the roles. It's just he called top (probably because he felt most comfortable there) and had to play jungle (the only role left) because first pick said "No. I'm top. Sorry."

There really are some arrogant people out there.

cmck

01-03-2013

Everybody has a preference for a role or two. If they don't get it they won't play as good. Yeah they might be able to play them all, but not as well. Just because you can play every role doesn't mean you play all the roles EQUALLY WELL. And what happens when you play against someone in a role you aren't as comfortable in and they main it? I expect the main to win unless counter picked hard or camped by jungler.

Kuusou

Recruiter

01-03-2013

Quote:
worded it incorrectly. my bad.. :l

but yeah you should have a preference, i get that, but OP posted that a player called top but got a role he wasn't comfortable with, jungle. The player misperformed because he probably was a very good top but didn't really jungle well. I'm saying that you shouldn't join a ranked queue unless you can jungle efficiently and have a good idea of what your doing.

for example: player wants to join a ranked queue and mains ADC, but ends up force picked support, a role he is not very skilled in. player underperforms because he's not used to support, team rages, he ragequits.

idk if im making sense or not .-.

Rauschen

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpyGeth View Post
Well, since you feel that everyone should know every role, if someone is not proficient in a certain role, shouldn't you be the bigger person and take that role for them, and let them play a role that they can play effectively? Or is it too much to ask?
No, it isn't his job to hold everyone's hand like that.

You're not expected to be a master of the lane or extremely skilled at it, just don't be that guy that's 0/11 saying "omg noobs i told u i never play top."

Just learn enough of the role that you don't feed. Knowing the enemy champion's abilities is half the battle, and you can learn that comfortably from your role of preference.