Just how unique is the Liandry's DOT?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Majestic Beard

01-03-2013

Hey I tried searching for an answer to this question, so sorry if its already been covered.

Can multiple instances of the Liandry's DOT tick at the same time on the same champion, from the same champion but from different spells? I know it's a mouthful, let me clarify by using an example. Say I'm Anivia and have Liandry's. If i r + e combo someone, do they get 2 DOT's (a 5% over 1.5 seconds from the r, and a 10% over 3 seconds from the e) or just 1 because Liandry's passive is "unique"?

Yuan Shikai

01-03-2013

It does NOT stack, however, applying a new spell will refresh the DURATION of the passive so that the 3 second duration of the passive starts to tick new for every spell applied. It is specifically stated in an item whetehr it does stack or not and Liandry's does not.

Peligrad

01-03-2013

I've had games where I and another player built liandry's and it loses effectiveness because only 1 dot can be on a target at a time...

Majestic Beard

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuan Shikai View Post
It does NOT stack, however, applying a new spell will refresh the DURATION of the passive so that the 3 second duration of the passive starts to tick new for every spell applied. It is specifically stated in an item whetehr it does stack or not and Liandry's does not.
Thanks for the response . Ok, so back to my example of Anivia using r+e combo. Let's say my enemy is in the whirlpool when I E them. Well, when the E hits them, they are still within the whirlpool, so the whirlpool would instantly "refresh" the DOT, right? So does the inferior Liandry's proc from my R (5% over 1.5 seconds) then refresh/overwrite the superior Liandry's proc from my E (10% over 3 seconds)?

I'm guessing that this is not the case and that additional exposure to a Liandry's proc can only possibly add ticks, not subtract.

I have one more question/clarification in regards to this part of the item description from the lol wiki: "this proc damage doubles if enemies are slowed". So if an enemy is slowed for 1 second, and a 3 second liandry's proc occurs at the same time as the slow, does the target only take double liandry's damage for the first second or the whole duration? Essentially, is the bonus damage processed per tick or per proc?

Soul Relay

01-03-2013

I don't suppose this is true from your responses but as a related note what if you have 2 different champions each with liandrys proc theirs on a single enemy. Would each have their own burn effect or would one cancel out another?

Peligrad

01-04-2013

Only one liandry's or torch dot can be on the target at a time.

The highest duration dot will take precidence over the lower duration ones. So if there is 1 second left on a dot and the target gets hit with an AoE, the dot is refreshed to 1.5 seconds. But if there is 2 seconds left and the target gets hit with and AoE, then not happens with the duration (the 2 second debuff isn't replaced with a 1.5 second one).

If two players have a torch or liandry's they'll juggle back and forth who controls the debuff, and constantly refresh it...but only one debuff on a target at one time is allowed.

In the case of Liandry's the target takes double damage only as long as their movement is impaired. In the case of Nunu's iceblast, the target is slowed for all 3 seconds, to they'd take full liandry's double damage.

If say Sion got liandry's for some reason, and used cryptic gaze on a target with liandry's his first 1.5 sec of the debuff would deal double damage while the target is stunned, and the last 1.5 seconds would do normal damage.

Coaches

01-04-2013

I always have Liandry's with amumu when I build Rylai's. Best item pairings.