Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Uparmored

01-03-2013

I have seen karma on many people's list any advice on building and playing her

Bobinatorlol

01-03-2013

Kind of hard to give advice without a specific question.

Use Q to damage the enemy team. Use Ult+Q to heal your team & damage the enemy team. Use E to shield anything friendly, or use Ult+E to shield anything friendly and do AOE damage around that target. Use W to speed up friendly units or to slow down enemy units, combine with ult to double the effect.

Q>E>W.
AP Build.
AP Runes.
AP Masteries.
Get an early chalice.
CDR is very good on her.

When engaging tell your team mates to go balls deep and not to be little bitches.

Chocolate Mama

01-03-2013

Karma's heal is great, but I find her true OPness in 3's for the shield.
I mean, everyone's grouped up.. aoe nuke shield? Yes

^^^ What bob said: CDR. And of course, you want to go AP carry tank. So, rod of ages, abyssal maybe, wooglets is an easy one (always AD champs in the game).

If anything, just be weary of your two mantras. They are very powerful, but take quite a bit to get both back up. If used together, you can aoe damage & heal, then shield & nuke all at once in a teamfight.

Hexerin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-03-2013

general guide for new karma players, by a pro karma

runes:

magic penetration reds
flat armor yellows (scaling armor yellows if your team can protect you earlygame)
scaling magic resist blues
movement speed quints

the basic premise of karma's runes for a new user is a balance between offense and defense (as you are new to her and won't be able to effectively play her with her min/max build). prior to season 3, i would have flat AP reds, but due to season 3 penetration changes (percentage before flat), you can now use flat penetration without gimping yourself lategame

flat armor yellows is good because TT caters to AD champs throughout a match. if your teammates are good enough to protect you early on, you can run scaling armor yellows, which will make a pretty major difference later on. scaling magic resist blues is self-explanatory, you will never run flat magic resist blues on any champ ever

movement speed quints is mandatory, period. you need as much mobility as possible, as spirit bond scales on a 1:1 ratio with movement speed. movement speed also allows you to just be faster than your opponents, which will save your hindside constantly in fights. in all honesty, movement speed quints are overpowered and should be taken on all champs except AD carries and in various niche situations

masteries:

the new masteries open up quite a bit of preference usage. the key points when choosing your masteries are that karma scales extremely well with AP (she's one of the strongest AP burst champs in skilled hands), but she also needs some survivability/durability. prior to season 3, i generally ran 9/21/0 in soloqueue, or 21/9/0 with a team that i know could keep me protected in fights

general 6-item endgame build:

sorcerer's boots
wooglet's witchcap
abyssal scepter
rod of ages
blackfire torch
athene's unholy grail

a balance of offensive power and defensive tankiness. i haven't played karma since the new item changes, but this is a general gist of what you'd build with the new items in mind. prior to the item changes, i would have rabadons deathcap in place of wooglet's witchcap, zhonya's hourglass in place of blackfire torch, and merc treads in place of sorc boots, but otherwise the build would be the same

general gameplay tips:

basically, you're a AP burst mage with supportive ability, similar to lux. unlike lux however, your burst is ****ing insane, and you have quite a bit more tank potential than she does

you have an abysmal midgame if you don't get earlygame farm
you are irrelevant lategame if you get shut down early

get the picture? karma is extremely dependent on getting fed. this is why she's never played on summoner's rift, she can't compete with other mages in mid and she needs too much gold to be a support. if she gets a steady income however, she's extremely strong. in games where i was able to get decent farm and maybe a few kills, i could easily go 1v2 (1v3 in some cases) and come out with multikills (albeit at a sliver of health)

you get stronger the more health you have missing

i cannot stress this enough. karma's passive gives her free AP for missing health, and while it looks minimal on paper, it is crazy strong in actual gameplay. this is why she needs to build tanky while sacrificing as little AP from items as possible. this is also why once she gets her wooglet's witchcap, she becomes a massive threat.

you must learn how to manage your ulti charges

#1 difference between terrible karma players and pro karma players. know when to use your charges, learn the trick of pre-emptive activation so you can have 3 charges out the front gate in a fight, etc.

glhf, karma is amazing fun to play, but takes ages to learn.

Uparmored

01-03-2013

being that cdr for her is good should you use any runes for that or is the ap better, i just played a custom game with her and she seems good ability wise and stuff, how do you think she compares to someone like kayle

Bobinatorlol

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uparmored View Post
being that cdr for her is good should you use any runes for that or is the ap better, i just played a custom game with her and she seems good ability wise and stuff, how do you think she compares to someone like kayle
CDR runes are not bad but AP is still better. You can get capped through items or a blue elixer. Comparing Kayle to Karma is like comparing apples to oranges.

Uparmored

01-03-2013

Well I just started playing was just asking I'm don't have a lot of experience with different champions. Still trying to find ones that I like volibear has been my go to so far.

Roman

01-04-2013

*RARE* Diamond Ranked 3s - High Elo Karma Gameplay

http://www.leaguereplays.com/replays/match/2544914/
http://www.leaguereplays.com/replays/match/2544962/
http://www.leaguereplays.com/replays/match/2552768/

you can look through some of my replays to get a good feel on karma and how she should be played

Uparmored

01-04-2013

I can't seem to look at the videos the link for viewing is broken and when i tried to download it I didn't have anything to open it with

Roman

01-04-2013

you need lolreplay to load the demos