Qassus - The Divine Intervener (with art)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Waybye

01-03-2013

Name:
Qassus

Title:
The Divine Intervener

Splash:

Concept
A very flexible character, who can play in a variety of different roles dependant on how he's built. Utilises chains for unique CC. Trialling a few new mechanics such as "Tether" which RIOT has expressed interest in, "skillshot negation" which is a high skill floor mechanic based on aim and reaction times and more.

Roles
Tank, AD Bruiser, AP Mage, Support, Tank, Jungler.

Stats:
Health: 430 (+105) -------------------- Attack Damage: 52 (+3.5)
Health Regen: 10 (+0.9) ------------- Attack Speed: 0.625 (+2.75%)
Mana: 210 (+4) ------------------------ Armor: 15 (+3.5)
Mana Regen: 6.5 (+0.5) ------------- Magic Res: 30 (+1.25)
Range: 125 ----------------------------- Move Speed: 340

Abilities:
Passive - Safeguard
Qassus' shield reduces damage taken from sources in front of him by 5%

Q - Subjugate
1st cast: Qassus swings his hammer on its chain in a wide arc in front of him, dealing (30/50/70/90/110) (+70% bonus AD) physical damage to all foes it hits. Deals 10% less damage for each enemy hit. Subjugate may be cast a 2nd time for no cost within 3 seconds.

2nd cast: Qassus swings his hammer again, dealing (35/55/75/95/115) (+70% bonus AD) physical damage. Deals 10% less damage for each enemy hit. If 1 or more enemy champions are damaged, Subjugate may be cast a 3rd time for no cost within 3 seconds.

3rd cast: Qassus smashes his hammer down on the ground in front of him with force, dealing (40/60/80/100/120) (+70% bonus AD) physical damage to enemies. Enemies in the centre of the area are knocked up, and those around the outside are knocked back.

Range: 300 units - 300 units - 300 units
Cooldown: 10 seconds
Cost: 80 mana

W - Detain
Qassus tethers an enemy to himself with a chain. The enemy can move freely but is slowed 20% and is unable to move more than 600 units away from Qassus for the duration. Lasts (1.5/2/2.5/3/3.5) seconds.

Range: 600 units
Cooldown: (20/18/16/14/12) seconds
Cost: 80 mana

E - Long Arm of Justice
Qassus tosses his hammer in a straight line, dealing (45/70/95/110/135) (+70% bonus AP) physical damage to the first enemy it meets. It the hammer meets an enemy or when it reaches its maximum range, it stays in the air for 1 second. If the hammer or its chain intercepts an enemy skillshot, both abilities are negated.

Range: 1000
Cooldown: (10/9.5/9/8.5/8) seconds
Cost: (70/85/100/115/130) mana

R - Consecrate
Passive - While this ability is on cooldown, or while Qassus is on-top of consecrated ground he gains10% movement speed.

Active - Qassus consecrates the ground below him for (7/11/15) seconds . Enemies standing on the consecrated ground gain a stack of Retribution every second, stacking 5 times. Allies standing on the consecrated ground gain a stack of Pardoned every second, stacking 5 times.

Retribution: Champion takes 1% of maximum health in true damage per second per stack (max 5%). At maximum stacks, no more stacks can be applied until the end of the duration. Lasts 5 seconds.

Pardon: Champion is healed 0.5% of maximum health per second per stack (max 2.5%). At maximum stacks, no more stacks can be applied until the end of the duration. Lasts 5 seconds.

Diameter: 1300
Cooldown: 150/125/100
Cost: 100 mana

Lore
In a world far away where an ancient war still rages, Qassus is the leader of a force tasked with keeping all those to defy the order of things under control. He searches the universe, bringing down all evil and imprisoning them. So far, no one has managed to escape him. However just as Qassus' people's war on evil was coming to an end two of their most powerful, Kayle and Morgana, disappeared to a far off world named Runeterra. Even from so far off, their immense magic clashing sent shockwaves through their entire world, disrupting the flow of life itself.

Seeing the effect their conflict had on his people, Qassus decided that he would hunt them down and bring them to justice. Dead or alive. However, upon seeing the immense amount of evil and corruption present in the League Qassus realised his job was going to be harder than he thought.

Quotes
Selection
- "I will bring them all to Justice."

Attacking
- "They will pay."
- "You're mine."
- "An eye for an eye."
- "Feel my hammer."
- "For Justice."

Movement
- "Where is Kayle?"
- "I will find you, Morgana!"
- "On righteous wings."
- "None will escape Justice!"
- "I give the orders around here."

Using W - Detain
- "Stop! In the name of Justice!"
- "Stop!"
- "Oh, no you don't!"

Taunt
- "None who opposed Justice shall live freely" *whips ground with chains*

Joke
- "Stop right there, criminal scum! You have violated the Law! Pay the court a fine or serve your sentence."

Nysta

01-03-2013

Did you do the art by yourself?

FuzzyCheeks

01-03-2013

That's cool . I really like the second ability and the ultimate. I actually want to see this champion released. But you didn't add the mana costs. Can you add that soon? I don't like the scaling on the first ability. Maybe I sound like a noob, but I like it see it raised to +75% Bonus AD - +100% Bonus AD snce +50% Bonus AD is a little bit weak since it's cooldown is pretty high for his main source of damage and isn't spammable, I presume? The slow duration is a little bit too low for the second ability. Why don't you increase the slow amount but make the chain breakable for the enemies that aren't affected by the chain.

These are just some ideas. It may be bad since I'm not good at looking at all the abilities and seeing what the combos are and such. May you tell me his usual combo and the synergy of his abilities and his ultimate?

Waybye

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nysta View Post
Did you do the art by yourself?
I sure did.

Edited main post with mana cost and some revisions. Lore still to come.

Nysta

01-04-2013

Looks pretty cool!
Now a little bit of feedback for you:
Be aware that Riot usually doesn't show stats on lvl 1 as just the flat stat but as the stat + 1x stat/lvl. Even if that wasn't the case, your health is extremely high.
Q: Reduce damage dealt per enemy hit
W: Hard to do, does that mean you can pull him backwards by walking away from him or that you too can't walk away from him for more than that? That is some pretty strong cc to be honest, great initiation for a gank.
E: Very long range poke with the ability to intercept a skillshot. This will make him counter to various enemy champions. Projectile speed?
R: Diameter of 2600 units around him.. what the ****? Do you know how large that is? You can't do that combined with the amount of damage enemies take. Last rank 90% of their max health as true damage if they stay in it. 90% heal for allies if they stay in it. You have to nerf this in various ways.

FuzzyCheeks

01-04-2013

Bump this.

Waybye

01-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nysta View Post
Looks pretty cool!
Now a little bit of feedback for you:
Be aware that Riot usually doesn't show stats on lvl 1 as just the flat stat but as the stat + 1x stat/lvl. Even if that wasn't the case, your health is extremely high.
Q: Reduce damage dealt per enemy hit
W: Hard to do, does that mean you can pull him backwards by walking away from him or that you too can't walk away from him for more than that? That is some pretty strong cc to be honest, great initiation for a gank.
E: Very long range poke with the ability to intercept a skillshot. This will make him counter to various enemy champions. Projectile speed?
R: Diameter of 2600 units around him.. what the ****? Do you know how large that is? You can't do that combined with the amount of damage enemies take. Last rank 90% of their max health as true damage if they stay in it. 90% heal for allies if they stay in it. You have to nerf this in various ways.
Q - Good idea

W - Well technically he could pull them backwards since he can move, but it's tricky to say if it's strong CC or not. Because they can still act and move, so in some ways it's weaker than most CCs.

E - Unless he builds AP, it'll lose a lot of its damage pretty quickly. And if he does build AP, it's his only source of damage. The range of the poke is purposely quite long, so that he cant be easily countered in top lane.

R - By "range" of the ult, I meant diameter. I diameter of 1300 units, which is the same size as Nunu's ultimate. It's still quite large. I agree the 90% heal on allies is far too much, but enemies should try not to stay on the AoE. Obviously it has synergy with W in that sense. That being said, I have nerfed it a bit.

Nysta

01-05-2013

Supposing he can pull them backwards, yes. Also better update that, haha . Range sounds like cast Range, but seeing that you said its self centered, it had to be the range of the effect. Either divide the value by two or write diameter. Concerning the damage and the heal, better nerf both effects. Not necessarily their strength late game but their strength early game and their duration late game. Teamfights usually take about 3-10 second to decide their outcome, so better have it be active for 10 seconds all the time.
His damage scalings are of no problem. The flat damage from just being there is too high though. The R-Spell doesn't walk around with him does it? Because if it does it is even more broken, but also easier to balance, seeing it would disappear as soon as you die. Great tool to make the enemy want to focus you. Even if the range is smaller. Might want to add that effect no matter where the ult is! (If it does move, nerf the range..)

Waybye

01-05-2013

I've lowered the duration, since I agree 20 seconds is far too long upon thinking about it. No, it doesn't move with him, it's stationary. Similar to Maokai's ult.

I halved the amount healed, so that allies need to stay on the AoE to get much out of it. I also changed the tooltip for the buff/debuff so that when it's at maximum stacks it doesn't keep being refreshed, it needs to expire and then be reapplied.

Uracle

01-05-2013

Questions:
About his Q. Is it 60 mana per strike?
Also, he walks when his ult is not ready? Doesn't that kinda telegraph to the other team that his ult is ready or not?
What's his role? Is he a carry?