Speculate upon the new ADC!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Azihayya

01-03-2013

I made a thread like this yesterday, but I made the mistake of assuming that the new Champion was going to
be female, when the Riot official didn't specifically say that it would be female, but that it would just be 'not male'.

I also made came up with a little silly joke Champion ( with pretty cool abilities, actually ) and drew
a nice picture in MS Paint, but people seemed to hate this, and down-voted my post into oblivion.

I just thought it'd be nice to take a few stabs at who this ADC is, because, I, for one, am excited about
the new Champion, and hoped that people would be enthusiastic / curious about it too, and want to
contribute some meaningful conjecture as to the who-abouts of the new Champion.

A few questions you can ponder:

- What would you like to see in an ADC?

- What haven't you seen in an ADC before?

- What kind of theme would you like to see?

My character was originally a Voodoo Witch Doctor, ridiculous, evil lady, and I thought since there are so many 'chains' ( Soul Shackles, Ezreal's attack animation, LeBlanc's Ethereal Chains, Alistar's wrist bands, tell me if I missed any ) in LoL already, why not add more?

So, her story was that she was locked in jail, and even though she loved being in jail so much, she learned to charm her shackles like snakes, and broke out of jail, where she met up with an old friend who "suggested that she try League of Legends" to fill the void in her life.

After finishing her skill-set, though, I realized she would make a much better AP Champion; her Passive ( Malevolence ) increases the damage she deals by a % each time she hits an enemy with an attack or ability, her Q ( Ball & Chain ) chains an enemy to a location, so they can't move too far away, her W ( Tether ) summoned an enchantment at a location that pulled the closest enemy Champion to it, her E ( Torture ) was a passive / active that punished enemy Champions for hitting her by destroying their HP/MP, and when activated, a target Champion lost HP/MP every time they attacked, and her R ( Bewitch )
was a massive single target life-steal that silenced the enemy.

The idea was that she could Tether an enemy, Ball & Chain them, Torture them, and Bewitch them,
so she dragged an enemy near her, stuck them in place, slowed them and made it so any time they attack they lose
HP/MP ( and double due the effect if they hit her ) and Silence / Life-Steal them to turn the tides further in her favor.

Azihayya

01-03-2013

Any thoughts?

DatPieGuy

01-03-2013

I want her to have big boobs and not wear too much clothes

Azihayya

01-03-2013

Alright, I'll lead with a good example.

My favorite ADCs are Kog'Maw, ( I don't think he was originally intended to be an ADC - were ADC's even a thing back then? He's classified as a long-ranged hybrid anti-tank character ) and Ezreal, although I really admire Caitlyn and Corki too. Kog'Maw with Zyra in a lane is awesome, because there's a really good chance that if either of you die, you'll end up getting revenge on your opponents with your post-death Passive abilities.

What I really like about Ezreal is his Mystic Shot and it's synergy with Arcane Shift and Trueshot Barrage. He can manage to out-farm other ADC's so easily because he can spam his Trueshot Barrage so often, and pick up creep waves from anywhere on the map. What I like about Caitlyn is the extra amount of lane security that you can have with Yordle Traps early on.

It's hard to say what I'd like to see in an ADC Champion, necessarily; I haven't had all that much experience playing League of Legends to be inspired enough to know what I'm looking for in a character's design. Off the top of my head, I'm thinking of an ability that allows you to harass the enemy at a long range without having direct line of sight of them ( as in, no creeps are standing between you ) which is a difficulty that most ADC's have to deal with.

Maybe it would be interesting to see a more bulky ADC who deals more damage in close range, but can take a punch to the chin, as opposed to the more traditionally designed ADC who tries to stay as far away from combat as possible.

They could have an ability that essentially converts their DPS into Tankiness, not unlike Mordekaiser's Passive, and with a Passive that encourages them to get into the thick of battle, they'd be able to tank to a reasonable degree, while still being able to be effective from a long range. I think a Champion like that would have a really unique style to them, so they don't end up looking like so many other similar ADC's ( Ashe, Vayne, Cait, Sivir ) - it could be like an Artillery Mech with huge shoulders, and his face is just like a freakin' cannon.

Lysinc

01-03-2013

Rocket launchers

SnowTiger

01-03-2013

True damage and escape ability...

ColdSteelKatana

01-03-2013

She will have 5 harms

Foddie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2013

Q: True damage Nuke
W: Flat 1 million heal
E: True damage Nuke
R: Take off all clothes

xsaten

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2013

i would actually like to see a champion like huskar from dota2 but not quite as high risk

Azihayya

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsaten View Post
i would actually like to see a champion like huskar from dota2 but not quite as high risk
That's kind of what I'm talking about, he's a monster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerpaws View Post
True damage and escape ability...
LoL, a lot like Corki ^_^