Laners: the S3 Jungle is not the S2 jungle.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SmokingPuffin

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnmwizkid View Post
I wish Riot would implement showing players' gold earned on the Scoreboard.
That would show more concretely whether it is appropriate to take the jungle farm or not.

If the jungler is behind and is nearby/not ganking soon, don't take the jungle.
If a laner is much more behind than the jungler and is getting zoned, then the jungler should be more lenient towards giving away his farm.
Concentration of gold is desirable in LoL. You don't want to have gold evenly spread across your team. You want your most fed players to stack up as much gold as possible, because every marginal gold on a character is worth more damage than the last.

If your jungler is in a position where he could carry the game, you don't want to take his farm. If he's underleveled and struggling, gold is less useful on him than it is on someone else on the team.

Fallible

01-03-2013

I mean I like still ganking on junglers and all, but man bro unless i am able to pull off a few kills early and hold lanes sometimes to get that precious xp and gold I do fall behind so this is a important message.

Phry

01-03-2013

The only junglers who say "we can't gank all day anymore", or anything similar, are the ones on your team, while the enemy jungle is ganking all day and camping lanes.

Ganking has NOT gotten slower or less frequent, only baddies trying to make excuses.

Phoenixlol

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exman33 View Post
If this singed has been pushed to my turret since the game began and I've gotten one gank, we have a problem.
I am going to assume this is ranked since no clarification was given, but you should have known that with Singed against you it was going to be a farm day at top. You should have selected a champion to do just that.

Now you are complaining about Singed doing his job, and you want me to come out of Jungle to gank a SINGED? I will go ahead and assume you do not understand why this is a bad idea so I will enlighten you. Its freakin SINGED...I get up to him and then he slows us both and flings me away. If he hasnt already retreated at the sight of me in river since he probably opened Flask/5/ward...

Ganking against a Singed is hardly ever successful unless he is below half hp, with no ult/summoners. Its like asking for me to gank for a Vlad...waste of time.

sdjaks

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrygian5 View Post
The only junglers who say "we can't gank all day anymore", or anything similar, are the ones on your team, while the enemy jungle is ganking all day and camping lanes.

Ganking has NOT gotten slower or less frequent, only baddies trying to make excuses.
Ganking SHOULD be slower or less frequent, but it's the community's perspective that the new jungle is played the same as the old one that prevents this. A failed gank is terrible for a jungler's xp now, and the minimal gold you get from the jungle (which can't be straight buffed because laners steal the minions routinely) doesn't help your lack of experience. I am routinely 2-3 levels under the solo lanes, and that's usually WITH the xp I have from watching mid and top lane when they leave.

Phoenixlol

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesterTheJoker View Post
Hmm.. I don't really understand why people hate golems so much... With nearly all the junglers I pick i can go Wolves -> blue (smite) -> wraiths -> Golem -> red (smite) -> wraith -> wolves and be lvl 4 before I get to wolves without going back and generally still have a few pots.. and this is without leashes.. granted I pick somewhat tanky junglers but still.

Smite down at blue...K
Golems.... K
Smite at red....K

Health pots remaining...DOUBTFUL
Without Leash...YOU SIR ARE A DAMNED LIAR!

Alumenlux

01-03-2013

Wolves -> Blue -> Red -> Gank

Jungle's my best role and I don't really feel that there's a big difference jungle wise between S2 and S3.

The oracle nerf and the sightstone, however, makes jungling at high elo a lot harder.

Wargarden

01-03-2013

The Jungles lane tithe for ganks shall commence!

sdjaks

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alumenlux View Post
Wolves -> Blue -> Red -> Gank

Jungle's my best role and I don't really feel that there's a big difference jungle wise between S2 and S3.

The oracle nerf and the sightstone, however, makes jungling at high elo a lot harder.
This is a lot of the problem, I am sure jungling at low elo where there isn't such strict ward placement is as easy, but ganking bottom is insanely difficult now.

JesterTheJoker

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixlol View Post
Smite down at blue...K
Golems.... K
Smite at red....K

Health pots remaining...DOUBTFUL
Without Leash...YOU SIR ARE A DAMNED LIAR!
You welcome to join a custom and watch me, or just do it yourself.. I just did it with amumu (a jungler with little sustain) to make sure I wasn't mis-remembering as I don't jungle often, but I hit level 4 on second death of wraiths, and finished wolves with 1 pot left.. granted i was low health, but it can be done.. Use Xin, or a jungler with any sort of heal or shield and you'll have a great deal of health left. Maybe you need to look into your masteries/runes you use to jungle with.