best Lore In Your Opinion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Birdy51

01-11-2013

This may be a suprise to some, but Urgot leaves me incredibly curious.

Here you have a military man, who didn't quit duty, even when the injuries he sustained cut him out from the frontlines. Under the command of Sion, he was one of the more feared soldiers that has graced the Noxian army.

Now, he is more machine than man, walking the the strange line between a zombie and an android. Urgot is reviled, even by his Noxian peers. Sion himself probably isn't a good companion, what with losing his head and having reattached and all. Undoubtably, Urgot is a lonely soul.

Then there is the matter that he is three at once man, machine, and undead creature. It raises questions... How does he keep going day by day?

I like Urgot, because of the mystery that surrounds him. It's not a LeBlanc type of mystery, where all you get are more questions. With Urgot, you're told just enough for almost any idea to make sense. It's a beautiful shade of the lore.

EpicFrogNinja

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdy51 View Post
This may be a suprise to some, but Urgot leaves me incredibly curious.

Here you have a military man, who didn't quit duty, even when the injuries he sustained cut him out from the frontlines. Under the command of Sion, he was one of the more feared soldiers that has graced the Noxian army.

Now, he is more machine than man, walking the the strange line between a zombie and an android. Urgot is reviled, even by his Noxian peers. Sion himself probably isn't a good companion, what with losing his head and having reattached and all. Undoubtably, Urgot is a lonely soul.

Then there is the matter that he is three at once man, machine, and undead creature. It raises questions... How does he keep going day by day?

I like Urgot, because of the mystery that surrounds him. It's not a LeBlanc type of mystery, where all you get are more questions. With Urgot, you're told just enough for almost any idea to make sense. It's a beautiful shade of the lore.
Wait... Is Urgot really reviled by Noxians? I get why he would be (I wouldn't exactly want to give him a hug eighter), but he is one of their champions, and is quite powerful. Noxians value strength, so it would make sense that they would respect him instead of revile him.

Borkcire

01-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicFrogNinja View Post
Wait... Is Urgot really reviled by Noxians? I get why he would be (I wouldn't exactly want to give him a hug eighter), but he is one of their champions, and is quite powerful. Noxians value strength, so it would make sense that they would respect him instead of revile him.
Darius dislikes Sion (And probably Urgot) for the reason that "If they died, they were too weak to deserve life."

I presume a lot of Noxians also share that belief.

Also, more on topic, I really like Maokai's lore, and Nasus' and Renekton's... Actually, I like the lores of all champions that were forced to join the League, but I like those 3 the most.

MugenNightmare

01-12-2013

Veigar's lore could be extended in so many ways. He's evil but to whos extent? Does he have any ties to his old trade caravan?

Just interesting

Birdy51

01-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicFrogNinja View Post
Well... It's a complicated thing. Just being undead is not neccessarially a bad thing. I have no doubt that Sion continues to be a somewhat "functioning" member of society. In fact, necromancy is actually a fairly honorable thing in Noxus. Afterall, this old JoJ proves that at least some of Noxus cheers for Sion: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/story/...-august-20-cle

However, Urgot is a little bit different than Sion. For one, he wasn't initially able to be brought back from the dead. His body was too dismembered to be a host for necromantic energies. This resulted in Zaun having to lend their hands in what is Noxus' most sacred rituals. In someways, this strengthens their alliance, but I am willing to be bet there were some who are haughty enough to reject Zaun's aid in the matter on account of their "honor" as Noxians. I'll direct to another JoJ if you care to read on his specific reanimation: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/story/...-august-20-cle

Now, Urgots's a bit more monsterous in form when compared Sion. I mean, just look at the poor chap. His skin has been grafted here and there, stretched to hide whatever machinery that lurks beneath it. This gives him a very bloated look that many would not find too appealing.

Urgot's arms have also been replaced by weapons, a blade and an cannon; destroying his chances of giving anyone a handshake ever again. His entire lower body is gone, replaced by a metal set of two legs that gives him the vauge look of an insect.

It does not help, that his head is also marred beyond repair. He requires a voicebox to speak normally, his given chords either too weak or marred to be of full use. His mouth is presumeably gone, replaced by the grills that are there. One of his eyes are replaced with techmaturgy, no doubt fueling his inherent uglieness.

All of these physical traits tend to seperate him from the rest of the more "respectable" champions, such as Swain or Katarina. Even if he could be a functioning member of society mentally, I don't think many would choose to actively socialize with him. However, I doubt that Urgot is fully functioning as well.

My reasoning comes in the form of a question. Does Urgot have any reason for living outside of revenge? At this point of his life, family has probably deserted him. I have already stated that his ugliness may cause him to be reviled. Sion would be the only companion who even vaguely understands what he's going through. To gt through life would be a daily challenge for Urgot. With his wide girth, I imagine that doorways and buildings give him pause unless they were designed to allow him passage.

To put it short, it is a miserable existence. All at the hands of one man. Dreams of revenge is all he has left to live on. So he goes into battle, day in and day out, hoping that one day he may put a blade to the throat of Garen and finish his life once and for all.

Now, this is all very well and good for a personal aspiration, but this sort of brooding doesn't make for good companionship. Urgot may have sympathizers, but I doubt that many can stand his presence for long.

You are right on one thing though. Looking back now, the word reviled may have been a poor choice. I have no doubt that many in Noxus respect Urgot for his strength. However, I also believe that many would steer clear of this man for their own personal reasons. Respect alone is not enough for him to be a beloved champion of Noxus. No, he seems to be more of a black sheep if you will. Strong and full of Noxian ideals, but marred enough physically and mentally that normal interactions are impossible to achieve.

HIroki Uzami

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2013

I really enjoyed pre change Karthus. It was very cool to see the traditional lich lore turned on it's head.