Nidalee traps + BFT, a bit excessive?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ATBQuan

01-04-2013

her traps get problematic when you start pairing them with shrooms lol teemo and nid using BFT void staff, it's gonna hurt like hell

Rapid99

01-04-2013

The biggest problem with trap champs these days is that Blackfire Torch is allowing them to get a huge reward for what is in essence very little input on their part.

The shroud of war in Dominion is where 90% of a teams mobility comes from and health + speed shrines make easy targets for Mushrooms and Traps - you can pretty much guarantee someone is going to pass over where you put the trap at some point during the match. BFT is adding a decent amount of DMG to every trap but perhaps more obnoxiously is adding a good few seconds of health tick onto every dot.

Run into a trap or two on your way to a point and you're probably at half health or less and have to back to heal. In some games (think Teemo + Nidalee + Shaco) the team runs into traps -> goes to heal -> more traps are placed -> repeat ~ can go on for so long it's ridiculous. There's so little player to player interaction with traps.

Place traps at high traffic areas and kick back for a good 2-3 minutes before your enemies actually even reach the point they're trying to take with a respectable amount of HP.

jars

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2013

the cooldown is pretty long and it's a visible trap. the bft nerf should bury it anyway

WorstAlistarEver

01-04-2013

BFt is excessive in both TT and Dom. it's not "broken" in itself since the nerf but people can easily abuse it and make it broken. example. You face a team with teemo,Nid,Brand,amumu. all AP Right? so i just buy MR and health and stack it if i'm a tank right? GOOD FUKIN LUCK MAN. 250 mr 4k health you still get shreded and blown up like you bought nothing.

Fruden999

01-04-2013

I feel like if teemo/nidalee traps would last 3-5 mins instead of what now they would be just fine without any need to change torch or whatever else.

Chaosos

01-04-2013

The duration is not the issue. It's not people stacking traps, it's the nid that gets her windmill, and camps it for the next 5 minutes putting down traps on CD that can just destroy people. If BFT didnt' work on traps we wouldn't have this issue.

XantheInsane

01-06-2013

Let me begin this letter with a few simple statements of fact. First fact: Iscariotic vermin like Nidalee often think they have the right to transform our whole society to suit Nidalee's own insensate interests. Second fact: Nidalee has a driving need to alter, amend, abridge, and censor the record to point the finger of responsibility at others. Third fact: Exhibitionism is part of the catechism that must be intoned by all of the putrid tricksters seeking entrée into his brownshirt brigade. These three facts bear repeating over and over again. They are simple and self-evident, but it is easy to forget them in the blizzard of lies and obfuscation coming from Nidalee and his factotums these days. What follows is a series of remarks addressed to the readers of this letter and to Nidalee himself.

Nidalee's advocates say that nothing would help society more than for them to make life less pleasant for us. Sorry, I don't buy that. I could accept, perhaps, missives backed by the forces of logic and powerful reasoning. Insults marked with hypocrisy and contradiction, however, merit none of my respect. I shall not argue that Nidalee's newsgroup postings are an authentic map of his plan to repeat the mistakes of the past. Read them and see for yourself.

What do we owe Nidalee? Nothing, absolutely nothing. If he claims otherwise, we have to stand firm and point out that Nidalee used to maintain that the majority of pouty drug lords work 25 hours a day, eight days a week and thus deserve occasionally to promote a form of government in which religious freedom, racial equality, and individual liberty are severely at risk. However, after my last letter so eloquently put a lie to that, Nidalee and his devotees have busily if rather quietly gone to work on their palinodes—amending here, canceling there, and generally trying to conceal the fact that I, for one, would like to comment on Nidalee's attempt to associate solecism with Lysenkoism. There is no association. All in all, he is utterly gung-ho about escapism because he lacks more pressing soapbox issues.

As sure as you're born, I believe I have found my calling. My calling is to stop Nidalee's encroachments on our heritage. And just let him try and stop me. The biggest difference between me and Nidalee is that Nidalee wants to contaminate clear thinking with his truculent ballyhoos. I, on the other hand, want to shout back at his propaganda. He is right about one thing, namely that fear is what motivates us. Fear of what it means when shrewish ne'er-do-wells scatter about in profusion an abundance of pro-Nidalee bromides. Fear of what it says about our society when we teach our children that freedom must be abolished in order for people to be more secure and comfortable. And fear of feckless underachievers like Nidalee who smear and defame me.

If one needs a sign that Nidalee is chauvinistic, then consider that his bons mots are a pitiful jumble of incoherent nonsense. The best example of this, culled from many, would have to be the time he tried to draw unsuspecting despots into the orbit of the worst types of closed-minded, pea-brained disinformation artists there are. I avouch that I have a workable strategy for getting him to damp down the bellicosity of his politics. Naturally, the proof of the pudding is in the eating, but I have already established that I can easily see Nidalee performing the following indelicate acts. First, he will transform our society into a cacodemonic war machine. Then, he will pooh-pooh the reams of solid evidence pointing to the existence and operation of an effrontive coterie of pessimism. I do not profess to know how likely is the eventuality I have outlined, but it is a distinct possibility to be kept in mind.

Yes, Nidalee may be nothing more than a disposable tool of power-wielding, materialistic chowderheads, but if he can give us all a succinct and infallible argument proving that the best way to serve one's country is to glorify sullen, suppressive, murderous governments as the ideologically correct alternative to all other possibilities, I will personally deliver his Nobel Prize for Mudslinging Rhetoric. In the meantime, it's unfortunate that Nidalee has no real education. It's impossible to debate important topics with someone who is so mentally handicapped. The scantiness of his abstract knowledge directs his sentiments more to the world of pharisaism. There are different ways of reconciling oneself to this unpleasant, yet sincerely boisterous, fact. Some people see nothing at all, or rather, want to see nothing. Others are perfectly well aware of the repulsive consequences which this plague must and will some day induce, but only shrug their shoulders, convinced that nothing can be done, so the only thing to do is to leave things alone.

What Nidalee doesn't realize is that his bootlickers argue that he has achieved sainthood. These are the same malodorous malefactors who slander those who are most systematically undervalued, underpaid, underemployed, underfinanced, underinsured, underrated, and otherwise underserved and undermined as undeserving and underclass. This is no coincidence; Nidalee insists that our unalienable rights are merely privileges that he can dole out or retract. Although I've already discussed the abject fallaciousness of that argument, the fact remains that if it were up to him, schoolchildren would be taught reading, 'riting, and racism.

If Nidalee opened his eyes, he'd realize that his beliefs are wrong for the same reason that drug use, adultery, lust, murder, and lying are wrong. He coins polysyllabic neologisms to make his diegeses sound like they're actually important. In fact, his treatises are filled to the brim with words that have yet to appear in any accepted dictionary. I've always thought that Nidalee's ruses appeal to people who are fearful about the world's political and economic situation and long for simple solutions to complex problems, and hearing the rubbish that Nidalee spews forth proves it beyond all doubt.

Bad-tempered mobocrats may endanger our property or our security or our economic well-being, but Nidalee endangers our souls. By and large, to someone whose eyes are open, his constantly repeated mantra that he has the mandate of Heaven to spatter my reputation is an insanely phlegmatic notion. By way of contrast, consider my personal mantra that if we don't bring meaning, direction, and purpose into our lives right now, then Nidalee's notions will soon start to metastasize until they wage a clandestine guerilla war against many basic human rights.

When a friend wants to drive inebriated, you try to stop him. Well, Nidalee is drunk with power, which is why we must focus on the major economic, social, and political forces that provide the setting for the expression of a brazen agenda. This seems so obvious, I am amazed there is even any discussion about it. I have no idea why he believes that things have never been better. Perhaps the thought popped into his head during omphaloskepsis. In any case, Nidalee's myrmidons have recently enjoyed some success at hammering away at the characters of all those who will not help Nidalee arrest and detain his critics indefinitely without charge, without trial, and without access to legal counsel. Nidalee considers this a reason to kvell. In contrast, I consider it a reason to build a better world, a cleaner world, a safer world, and a saner world. In short, Nidalee's insufferable jobations have done much to lead to the destruction of the human race. I propose, therefore, that we respond by doing what we can to serve on the side of Truth.

HitokiriGensai

01-09-2013

In case you didnt notice its pretty easy to dodge spears and traps people. This is dominion where people can juke skillshots very easily. Its also really easy to miss a spear if someone moves one foot from there they were standing 1 second prior. Yes her traps to alot yes her spears can hurt, her damage is very very inconsistent. Her trap CD is like 15 second and this is even at lvl 4. Lets nerf one of the squishiest champs in the game please because my trap that did bad dmg now actually is useful. By the way it is very very easy to punish nidalee players that are overagressive and overextend into enemy jungle.

Lessis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaIfhearted View Post
Traps have a 12 second reveal, which I think is excessive.

And you seem to have forgotten about the 40% armor/mr shred.
A single trap is its own LW/Void Staff.
Have you ever been hit by a spear after walking over a trap? **** huuuurts, yo.

I think Nidalee in general needs a bit of nerfing.
this