"The Hobbit" and "League of Legends"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deitrix

01-03-2013

I just wanna see that Cerberus champion. That would kick so much ass.

Orcs are just more human champs who happen to be green. Gladiators are just more human champs who like to scream "are you not entertained?!". More monsters pls.

Celebi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deitrix View Post
I just wanna see that Cerberus champion. That would kick so much ass.

Orcs are just more human champs who happen to be green. Gladiators are just more human champs who like to scream "are you not entertained?!". More monsters pls.
More monsters is right, trust me, you will not be disappointed, go to this thread: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...php?p=26520777

Deitrix

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celebi View Post
More monsters is right, trust me, you will not be disappointed, go to this thread: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...php?p=26520777
Stop pimping your thread pls.

Amyco

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2013

Quote:
Which is my entire point, I only used the tolkien nature as an example, but I just want mythology and mythical creatures in general.
But I just showed you how many mythical creatures there already were... I'm a big fan of mythology, and an even bigger fan of intelligent and original design. I do find it a bit sad that some of my favorite designs come from Beta (a scarecrow? a crying mummy? Those are original). But here you are, talking about balance... and I think it is pretty balanced. Sure, some like us would rather have more and more mythological characters, but others want humans, others want buff guys, others want hextech and sci-fi. I think it is pretty balanced.

And I am sorry, but I am perusing your other posts, like the one from your Edit 3 in the OP, and I see you asking for more minotaurs, more spider queens, more centaurs, more beast masters, more mounted characters, more Egyptian gods... This is not asking for balance.

Deitrix

01-03-2013

I just want to see more champs with very distinct looks to them, and it's easier to accomplish that by making them look non-human than by making them wear different colors. Half the "mythical critter" ideas are still pretty humanoid and that's fine, I guess... but I'd love to see VERY different models more akin to Skarner, Hecarim and Aniva.

Centuros

01-03-2013

Quote:
Not that there's anything wrong with that, but when you look at the entire line-up, all of our champions, don't you see the imbalance? You get 1 troll, 1 centaur, 1 half-dragon, 1 pheonix, and the rest is filled with humans, futuristic warriors and robotic entities.
And a Treant, and a bear warrior, and a guy who can turn into a demon bird, and a priestess of Lolth knock-off, and an animal-spirit channeler, and some beasts from the Nether Dimensions, and a ratman, and a giant scorpion. Not to mention a few different types of undead (a lich, a few zombies, whatever Morde or Hecarim might be, AND Frankenstein's-monster-esque Urgot)

See? This is a LOT more fantasy tropes than YOU listed.

Celebi

Recruiter

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deitrix View Post
Stop pimping your thread pls.
That's the only thread of mine I can link to show what I agree with.

And all the images that support my point are there.

kazetenshu

01-03-2013

Quote:
That's the only thread of mine I can link to show what I agree with.

And all the images that support my point are there.
The what the hell is the point of this thread? It makes an argument over something that is untrue just so you can promote how badly you want monsters in somebody else's game? This thread is completely unnecessary, and for wanting monsters, everybody wants something out of this game, but this game is Riot's and if you enjoy playing it, and want to continue playing it, then you play by their rules. Otherwise gtfo and play something else.

On a side note, I would love to see more monsters, till it happens, I will continue to play this game as is.

Celebi

Recruiter

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazetenshu View Post
The what the hell is the point of this thread? It makes an argument over something that is untrue just so you can promote how badly you want monsters in somebody else's game? This thread is completely unnecessary, and for wanting monsters, everybody wants something out of this game, but this game is Riot's and if you enjoy playing it, and want to continue playing it, then you play by their rules. Otherwise gtfo and play something else.

On a side note, I would love to see more monsters, till it happens, I will continue to play this game as is.
The point of this thread was for meaningful discussion, but seeing as how everyone started flaming the thread because they thought I was just wanting more Tolkien characters instead of what I originally said which was simply a need for more "Mythical creatures" got ignored. Hence why I had to rely on using an old thread to further my points.

Iife

01-03-2013

The issue I see is with things like zed/talon and darius/draven. They handled Darius/Draven well by making them brothers which I thought was awesome, But when I looked at Zed I saw (and still think to an extent) "Oh look, they whiffed with Talon, so here's Talon 2.0". I'm not talking about playstyle or abilities or stats. This isn't about playstyles or stats. It's about the flavor and theme of a champion.

I agree with OP because I like the fantasy side. I don't mind human champions. But when Every champion becomes some variation of a human with a different weapon or different range, It gets boring. Even with Vi I felt a powerful blandness when I watched the spotlight. She just felt stupid. "Oh look she punches things! She would probably be a great addition to fight against our spell-casters, half dragons, and void creatures!" We already have the bad ass that destroys everyone in hand to hand combat, Jax. That archetype has been filled. Move into the mythical and fantasy again.

Everyone wants originality, but has anyone actually thought about why it is original? Sure its possible to create new things, as Riot has continually proven, but there is a reason for the Orc/Elf/Dwarf traditional fantasy structure. It works. It is fun. People enjoy it.

TL;DR There is nothing wrong with being new, just as there isn't anything wrong with following traditional roles. I would enjoy more of the traditional fantasy and less futuristic as well.