Revert athene's unholy grail?

12345678 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blumpkination69

01-03-2013

I agree. They went for so long without touching it after release and then they take away 30 AP from it. Like. Why would you give it 90 AP to start with? To get our hopes up and then nerf it.

I want it buffed to 70 AP.

Pianoman7117

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blumpkination69 View Post
I agree. They went for so long without touching it after release and then they take away 30 AP from it. Like. Why would you give it 90 AP to start with? To get our hopes up and then nerf it.

I want it buffed to 70 AP.
Actually when it came out, it was 80 AP, and then got buffed up to 90.

Ringo Mandingo

01-03-2013

+1 i completely agree, id rather pay more for items and have them be better. especially with all the new ad carry/caster/bruiser items

is 80 ap that much to ask? 60 is so low

Pianoman7117

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo Mandingo View Post
+1 i completely agree, id rather pay more for items and have them be better. especially with all the new ad carry/caster/bruiser items

is 80 ap that much to ask? 60 is so low
This is exactly what I'd like to see, more expensive items for deeper AP carry gameplay. Hell, they broke all bounds by even giving supports some deep item pools now that they have more gold to work with...you're gonna tell me that AP carries don't deserve a boost in that area too?

Greenfish106

01-03-2013

I find myself capped around the 600 AP area without using a crazy snowball veigar with mejaj's and rabadons. AP can still be formidable but they lack the true utility many ADC/Bruisers bring. I know people are going to go, "but AP utility is still good they have CC!" Ya, but it's mostly snares and a few long stuns which require them to get really close to enemies.

Lots of AD's are now being released with huge gapclosers (VI!) and long silences and stuns. This further reduces the need to have an AP. Also burst mages just got hugely destroyed. If ANYONE survives their burst that caster is just dead. Meanwhile AD bursters can rely on their basics and general tankiness to help them out.

Blumpkination69

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pianoman7117 View Post
Actually when it came out, it was 80 AP, and then got buffed up to 90.

Oh. I never noticed it at 80. I thought it was always at 90. Oh well. That's really weird. To buff an already op item and then nerf it completely lol.

Pianoman7117

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blumpkination69 View Post
Oh. I never noticed it at 80. I thought it was always at 90. Oh well. That's really weird. To buff an already op item and then nerf it completely lol.
Yeah I was really surprized when they did that too, even before it came out I was in love with the idea of the item because I wanted the chalice to build into something for so long, everyone cried it was going to be OP, and then it came out and everyone thought it was so so...but it was crazy strong...but in a way that still made all similar items viable, it didn't take away from any other items...besides morellos evil tome, which still has its ignite niche, and will never be that great of an item besides for that active..

Pianoman7117

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenfish106 View Post
I find myself capped around the 600 AP area without using a crazy snowball veigar with mejaj's and rabadons. AP can still be formidable but they lack the true utility many ADC/Bruisers bring. I know people are going to go, "but AP utility is still good they have CC!" Ya, but it's mostly snares and a few long stuns which require them to get really close to enemies.

Lots of AD's are now being released with huge gapclosers (VI!) and long silences and stuns. This further reduces the need to have an AP. Also burst mages just got hugely destroyed. If ANYONE survives their burst that caster is just dead. Meanwhile AD bursters can rely on their basics and general tankiness to help them out.
Yeah I rarely break 600, before season 3 I would always hit around 700-800, sometimes even 900 when using an archangels as karthus or something..they basically took away a third of our overall lategame damage with the AP nerf..

Pianoman7117

01-04-2013

bump

AFK for House

01-04-2013

The problem with anything happening to Grail is what it does to mana intensive utility mages ori lux Anivia etc they needed Ap CDR and more mp5 than they're willing to put on an item in any other way the mr is nice but if it had any other stat there it would have been exactly as good or better

12345678 ... 12