Revert athene's unholy grail?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Halcione

01-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pianoman7117 View Post
It had 80 when it came out, and then it was buffed.
ah yes, you are right, I remember now. My bad.

It was still pretty ridiculous :V

FyshinaTux

01-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by xGary View Post
Not having to worry about mana (like most AD mids) can help you out poke AD mids esp when most of them are melee. Rushing unconventional items like Zhonyas/Rylais just to counter the AD mid will just hurt AP carries after laning phase ends.
Ok, I'll get a brutalizer as Kha'zix mid, you rush an Athene's as, say, Orianna mid.

I'll use all my mana on combo'ing you, and we'll see how many times you poke me before you die... how's that sound?

your logic, while it makes some manner of sense, means NOTHING when ALL the AD mids can't practically blink to you if they get close enough (which means you can either miss out on farm trying to poke them from far enough range that they can't get to you, or you die.)

For those in disbelief of what I just said, let's recount this.

Pantheon, has his stun-leap leapy stun... direct gap-closer

Talon, silencing blink

Kha'zix, leap, may not be direct, but gets him to you none-the-less...

Not that I've seen this next one but if someone SHOULD do it

Xin Zhao, slowing dash

you see where this is going, getting more mana (or mana regen for that matter) for more poke does nothing unless your someone on Froggen's level of skill. If they rush their damage and get to you just ONCE, you're done and mid lane is G_G,

EDIT: having recently watched some pro games on youtube, you wouldn't even rush the mana regen against an AD, seeing as, unless you're playing someone like karthus, you usually counter-build somewhat early on so you can stay alive in trades... the MR from Athene's is wasted on the enemy AD mid.

Pianoman7117

01-09-2013

basically, AP mid is screwed

A Blind Moron

01-09-2013

Yes, let's just increase Kat's power even more. Let's make it so she can get pentakills even without a full build. APCs are just fine the way they are.

AFAIC, this is just a "i play APC and want to three-hit everyone with my combo. roitpls" thread.

But since disagreeing with an upvoted post is considered 'edgy' it won't be long before my post is hidden.

Byakkychan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-09-2013

So, it's not just me that I think Ap itemalization is somewhat bad late game, there's many new items that only work on early game and is considered support item(Shard of True Ice, Twin Shadow)
The only high end(maybe) is Liandry's Torment, which isn't good for Ap burst one, and is very high price for that low ap, hp and magic pen.
Most of time, I just can't find any other ap item to buy late game, Rabadon isn't even good choice for me, it gives 0 survivability and its ap isn't even good enough to compensate that, even with good spell vamp item, I still prefer other ap tanky item like Abyssal, Rylai, Zhonya or Rod of Ages, which even after I got all those, I won't need Rabadon for damage, I will need Void Staff instead.

Compare to those ADC, they can just get BT for both their sustain and damage, I wish there's item like that for APC, Will of the Ancient is just like Zeke, not even close to BT.

Pianoman7117

01-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Blind Moron View Post
Yes, let's just increase Kat's power even more. Let's make it so she can get pentakills even without a full build. APCs are just fine the way they are.

AFAIC, this is just a "i play APC and want to three-hit everyone with my combo. roitpls" thread.

But since disagreeing with an upvoted post is considered 'edgy' it won't be long before my post is hidden.
actually this argument has been used over and over and guess what...if Katarina is the only AP carry that is capable of doing this, then clearly there is something wrong with Katarina and not AP carries in general. this is not an I play APC and want to three hit everyone thread...you're just a whiny baby trying to go against the grain...

If katarina is the only AP carry able to do this, then clearly this is a katarina problem

Pianoman7117

01-09-2013

bump, more maths included.

masoe

01-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battletick View Post
I'd love this, might as well also revert deathcap. Season 3 patch was just a global nerf to all AP casters.
Except Lux....mmmmmmm.

Pianoman7117

01-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by masoe View Post
Except Lux....mmmmmmm.
How so? I don't play lux is why I ask not questioning you.

Pianoman7117

01-09-2013

bump