Twilight in the Shadow Isles (Open RP)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask TheMetal Man

01-05-2013

((Gonna say this is after Elise and Morde retrieve the soul stone.))

Not even thinking about knocking, he swings open the door, as it slams against the wall. "Karthus! I must speak to you, it's urgent!" He said. In his hand was an odd looking chunk of rock. It was spherical, but a bit rough and uneven. It's transparent, and fit well in his hand due to the size of them. "Me and Elise found obtained this stone. It can hold souls inside of it, but I was wondering if I could consult you as to how." He noticed all the people in the castle. "What the hell are they doing here?" He then looked down at Vice. "What's a CHILD doing here?"

AskKarthus

01-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadowOfChaos View Post
"Karthus, don't you ever feel sad living in this lonely castle. Why don't you go find a lovely undead necromancer or something. Hahaha..."
"This is just my vacation home. I still spend most of my time on the mainland. Also, finding one such as you describe is somewhat difficult, considering that, even among the undead, I am feared. Why do you think so few other liches ever show their faces?"

TheShadowOfChaos

01-05-2013

"I know a Lich or two that would fit well with you, if you want of course." He turns to Mordekaiser who had entered the castle. "I am here to visit Karthus, why, because you have to know those who live around you. Also, it is best to catch up on things happening around here."

Steampwrd Kitten

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskKarthus View Post
(( I actually like his new lore. Its just that I've RPed as Karthus for so long and the lore change would affect the established character too much. If I wanted to, I could RP by his new lore, and I did for a while, it wasn't as fun. I'm trying to bridge his relationship with the Shadow Isles and his old lore. ))

Karthus' Castle

The visitors were treated to a little surprise, the surprise being that Karthus wasn't on mainland Valoran. Karthus heard the visitors enter, and he walked out to greet them.

"Welcome travelers, welcome to the Shadow Isles, and to my castle. If you need anything..."

Karthus notices that one of the visitors is Phantom.

"Hello Phantom, it has been a while since I have last seen you. What brings you here? There are not any particularly many women here." He says casting a glance at the other visitor.

"You are new here, and you seem to be corrupted." He says to the demon-girl. "By a corruption of the sort that is unusual to come by. I suppose it is natural for you though. Do you have any particular reason for visiting, or are you here sightseeing?"

Semira turned only slightly to regard Karthus. Her hands loose at her sides, with her head slightly tilted as if intrigued by the presence of the man. The way she held herself was strong, and unconcerned without being overly confident.

"Neither. This place has one purpose, and I have not ventured to the Shadow Isles for it today." It wasn't much of an answer, but then again what she often spoke of didn't usually reveal much about her. Even to those who had spoken with her at length, they've been left feeling like they have more questions then answers.

Semira took the time to look then at the Phantom that Karthus spoke to, falling quiet to observe and listen. Mord's appearance only drawing her focus all the more, soaking in whatever information might be presented.

AskKarthus

01-06-2013

Quote:
Not even thinking about knocking, he swings open the door, as it slams against the wall. "Karthus! I must speak to you, it's urgent!" He said. In his hand was an odd looking chunk of rock. It was spherical, but a bit rough and uneven. It's transparent, and fit well in his hand due to the size of them. "Me and Elise found obtained this stone. It can hold souls inside of it, but I was wondering if I could consult you as to how." He noticed all the people in the castle. "What the hell are they doing here?" He then looked down at Vice. "What's a CHILD doing here?"
"The same way my soul is bound to stay in this world. It acts as a crude phylactery, with a different purpose. These other people are here because I allow the use of this castle for travelers who need shelter."

Quote:
"I know a Lich or two that would fit well with you, if you want of course." He turns to Mordekaiser who had entered the castle. "I am here to visit Karthus, why, because you have to know those who live around you. Also, it is best to catch up on things happening around here."
"I'm quite sure if they had enough courage to court me they would have. Either that or they are comparatively young. Whether or not I am interested, I would like to meet them. They may have some interesting information that I have not yet come across."

Quote:
Semira turned only slightly to regard Karthus. Her hands loose at her sides, with her head slightly tilted as if intrigued by the presence of the man. The way she held herself was strong, and unconcerned without being overly confident.

"Neither. This place has one purpose, and I have not ventured to the Shadow Isles for it today." It wasn't much of an answer, but then again what she often spoke of didn't usually reveal much about her. Even to those who had spoken with her at length, they've been left feeling like they have more questions then answers.

Semira took the time to look then at the Phantom that Karthus spoke to, falling quiet to observe and listen. Mord's appearance only drawing her focus all the more, soaking in whatever information might be presented.
"The fact you are here without a particular purpose, and the fact that you say that this place has but one purpose means that you are still here with a purpose, and I intend to learn it."

Ask TheMetal Man

01-06-2013

"They're coming to the Shadow Isles, they should know what they're coming into so they don't come crawling to your castle like cowardly fools." He said. "So what exactly are you saying? I mean... Do I just put the stone up to a dead body and it'll suck the soul for me or...?"

Steampwrd Kitten

01-06-2013

"Can the wanderer seek purpose in wandering? Sometimes footfalls simply carry without commitment, or reasoning." Semira would reply as she smoothed down her coat with ease. She seemed unconcerned with his intent to pry the information from her, and more interested in the conversations happening around her.

As Mord speaks, Semira would turn briefly to him, "One location among many. Do you really believe only cowardly fools travel here? It may surprise you to remember you are one who's appeared in this castle as well."

AskKarthus

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask TheMetal Man View Post
"They're coming to the Shadow Isles, they should know what they're coming into so they don't come crawling to your castle like cowardly fools." He said. "So what exactly are you saying? I mean... Do I just put the stone up to a dead body and it'll suck the soul for me or...?"
"This is mostly for those overconfident fools which shall hereby referred to as the average summoner. For most of the others, it simply isn't needed. And no, its simply a premade, easy to use soul storage device. Also, I thought you knew this, but a dead body no longer contains a soul. In order to use it, you must first procure a soul, and then you can perform one of a variety of spells that will activate the power of the soul stone."

Quote:
"Can the wanderer seek purpose in wandering? Sometimes footfalls simply carry without commitment, or reasoning." Semira would reply as she smoothed down her coat with ease. She seemed unconcerned with his intent to pry the information from her, and more interested in the conversations happening around her.
"The fact you are wandering implies a purpose, even if for no other reason that itself. Even without reason, there is an answer why."

Ask the Shadow

01-08-2013

With naught to do besides pondering the familiar Isles, Hecarim mentally charted a course for himself towards the great castle belonging to the powerful Lich, Karthus. The feeling of death in the air hung about the place even more densely than usual; perhaps other so-called 'champions' of the Shadow Isles had convened there. Something along those lines would certainly be appreciated; the Shadow of War had been growing somewhat more popular amongst the summoners of the League, and so had been kept from discussing matters with his fellow Shadow Islanders. The time was nigh to at last reconvene with his brothers and sisters in undeath. Cantering into the castle courtyard, Hecarim felt a feeling he had not experienced in recent memory: ease.

Ask TheMetal Man

01-21-2013

Mordekaiser looks back down at the woman. "I'm talking about the living. The dead have nothing to fear here." He said as he looked back at Karthus. "Very well then." He said as he looked back at the visitors. "Perhaps they could help us... Test it out?"

((Kind of lost by what Karthus said. Can you bring it down into more simplistic terms??))