what is a successful gank?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GekkoST

01-03-2013

A) The jungler gets the kill, laner gets assist
B) Laner gets the kill, jungler gets the assist
C) Enemy laner is forced to base while friendly laner is left to farm
D) Enemy laner is forced away from farm for a while
E) All of the above

WaltLongmire

01-03-2013

E

Dyuan

01-03-2013

All of the above

DragnDave

01-03-2013

E

ChiSqrd

01-03-2013

You ordered it from best case to worst case. You forgot to mention summoner spells though. If you burn their flash without using yours than that's good too.

GekkoST

01-03-2013

So would you say a jungler who makes his/her presence known in every lane and counter jungles is successful even if he/she never gets a kill or assist till after lane phase?

WaltLongmire

01-03-2013

I should have added that I jungle maybe half the time. Those that exclusively lane will probably call you a noob every time that B is not the result...

Dyuan

01-03-2013

Whatever benefits your team more then the opponent is successful.

I personally like to farm up, gank ONLY when there is a good opportunity.
-Low health
-No Escape
-Overextending
-No wards

WaltLongmire

01-03-2013

I would say that you aren't jungling after lane phase. At that point, you are probably the initiator to the team fights, and get tons of assists that way.

GekkoST

01-03-2013

The reason I am asking is because not long ago I played as jungle hecarim, I stole enemy buffs multiple times and handed off our own buffs to those who needed/wanted them; I made appearances in every lane and got a few kills and assists but not a whole lot, most the time the target or targets were able to retreat alive but I definitely thought I was pressuring the lanes, everyone on my team was up by at least ten cs. At the end of the match I had probably five kills, maybe eight deats and like fifteen assists, more kills/assists then anyone on my team, but in the results screen I was told by the defeated enemies as well as my team that I was a "fail" jungler. I've been confused about this because I thought I did fairly well but it was a pretty majority vote between the teams that I did not.