Sigh... another kick in the pants for Dominion. ARAM queue incoming.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Golly

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
Here's some more "misinformation" for you: what Riot actually said about this "ARAM queue":

tl;dr: no confirmation of anything, just the typical non-conclusive meaningless Riot banter you find about any and everything ever mentioned.

Keep jumping to conclusions, Dominion spazoids.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielZKein
I want to echo what Saergi actually said: we're totally ARAM-addicted internally as well, we're absolutely aware of the level of demand there is and we are listening. However, I would like to be the spoilsport here and point out that she is not saying anything new whatsoever. I'm not entirely sure why this post in particular was picked up on; it's something we've been saying for a while. There's a whole bunch of, uhm, interesting design questions that come up when you want to design a matchmaking queue for what is, essentially, a pretty random game mode.

Please note I'm also very carefully not saying anything useful at all Do remember that we have a policy of not talking about upcoming features until we're 100% sure they're locked in and ready to roll out in the immediate future (think days, not weeks). So I'd expect you won't see an announcement from us unless the feature is right around the corner. Sorry about being so coy, but once bitten, twice shy; we've learned from our mistakes here
This is a quote in that reddit thread.

Also:
Quote:
They've already added the following statistics to the general player stats response stream:

AramUnranked1x1

AramUnranked2x2

AramUnranked3x3

AramUnranked5x5

AramUnranked6x6
But you are right. I read a different translation of what was quoted. Jumping to conclusions isn't good.

VoidInsanity

01-03-2013

An Aram unranked 1v1 queue sounds like the dumbest thing ever. A Blind Pick 1v1 on that map might be fun however.

Das Strychnine

01-04-2013

I'm happy about this, because I sure as hell ain't playing 20 minute que no one gives a **** blind pick Dominion or farmers rift.

A Slime Appears

01-04-2013

Well, I see Rioters advertising ARAM games in the dev tracker fairly often. I don't see them advertising Dominion games often. So yeah, this makes sense, as much as it sucks for Dominion players. I hope I'm not being too cynical in saying that probably helped ARAM's case.

I'd play it if it wasn't all middle, I used to play all random DotA (WC3 DotA) exclusively.

FOODFOOD

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Slime Appears View Post
I'd play it if it wasn't all middle, I used to play all random DotA (WC3 DotA) exclusively.
-aramdmsc

The only way to play aram in WC3 DotA was to play deathmatch, where you got a new hero each time you died. That was fun. Then add super creeps just for the lolz.

Zeoroot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOODFOOD View Post
-aramdmsc

The only way to play aram in WC3 DotA was to play deathmatch, where you got a new hero each time you died. That was fun. Then add super creeps just for the lolz.
Then you add item drops on death.

BluesMusic

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgsloan View Post
Been lurking for a while hoping some sort of positive change might happen with Dominion for S3. Instead I come back and see balance is the worst it has ever been, and now Riot is basically killing any chance Dominion will ever grow. Not only will this mode draw most SR players looking for something new, but it's probably going to take away a large chunk of Dominion players fed up with the cluster**** that is currently Dominion blind pick balance. Without ranked, there's no draw for SR players and no incentive for current players to try to improve. I played a bit over the holidays, and blind pick is still a trainwreck of OP champions mixed with AFKs/DCs and SR players screwing around with Flash Ignite Nami or such. I'm not even going to talk about the brokeness of the current penetration vs resistances balance. You probably have better odds to win the lottery than consistently winning blind pick without a full premade.

Some people question why Dominion needs ranked, normal draft is sufficient no? There are three gaping flaws with normal draft that killed it.

One, there's no restrictions on premades. The top elo players rolled everyone with full premades vs pugs, causing the high elo to stop playing so they wouldn't be fodder for the premades, causing queue times for everyone above a certain elo to increase drastically. Even at my elo at the time (1700-1800 or such) queue times starting hitting 6-7 minutes for a game mode that was supposed to be about shorter games. It's not just Dominion either, high elo SR draft normals is apparently dead as well due to pretty similar issues. Soloq ranked would put a stop to 4-5 man premades curbstomping everyone.

Two, the dodge penalty - and don't fool yourselves, draft was flat-lining before the dodge penalty mysteriously disappeared for months - for normals is trivial. Jabebot triggered a frenzy of ******baggery. Enemy team gets firstpick? Dodge. Your team's firstpick wasn't the best available champion? Dodge. Jabebot says your teammates have 2% lower elo than you? Dodge. Watching something on youtube? Might as well troll Dominion for a while and dodge some games. I counted how many dodges it took to start a game once, and the record is 10 for myself. Needless to say people got fed up and time to get a game going increased to the point where the mode was no longer deemed playable by anyone above 1600 elo; and then the queue penalty somehow got dropped and finished things off as the number of dodges quadrupled. Ranked has a MUCH harsher dodge penalty, making people think twice about pushing the X.

Three, there are no season rewards for normals making it seem like a casual mode to the general population. The top players I'm sure all have elos in the mid-2000s and would trash a top SR team challenging them to a game of Dominion, yet if any of them wanted even a bronze icon for S3 they had to go play TT or SR. Dominion elo essentially means nothing to the general LoL community. This keeps a lot of SR and TT players from bothering with Dominion, and now with ARAM no longer going to have custom game limitations it seems Dominion's chance of ever growing and getting ranked is going to drop to 0. $100 bucks says ARAM gets balance and support considerations long after Riot abandons TT and Dominion once again.
How sad is it that this post describes exactly what happened and you guys down vote it. Its like the truth hurts.

Eloquid

01-06-2013

Yeah Riot is butchering this game's guts ever since they introduced new TT map. Absolutely none of the changes ever since were good. Fixing things that don't need to be fixed and vice versa, ignoring wishes and advices of all even the top players who play certain mode all day long, day in and day out. I'm so glad I found other games that I greatly enjoy so I pretty much don't give fvck any more. I'm just sad how crappy can company turn out to be when egoism and ignorance kick in.

Archeer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2013

Hi everyone, I'm Golly.