Sigh... another kick in the pants for Dominion. ARAM queue incoming.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FOODFOOD

01-03-2013

Benefits from having a queue:
-Dodge Penalty (FINALLY)
-More options for non-SR play
-Long-term popularity gain for non-SR play
-Better IP gains
-Honoring allies and opponents (currently unavailable in customs)

Cons of having a queue:
-Immediate staggering of playerbase (to favor long-term benefits)
-????

Golly

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
...and the more likely we are to get support.
Based upon what evidence? Listen, I know it's a good thing overall. That isn't what the argument should be/is about. And maybe you can't publicly criticize Riot in a way that may jeopardize a future position there; but doesn't it bother you that they are considering opening up another queue without already fully supporting the ones they have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphane View Post
There will *actually* be a penalty for dodging ARAMs and you'll get normalized IP from it instead of limited by custom? Why would this be a bad thing in general?
It would and will be fantastic if you play a lot of ARAM. But what do you think the effects will be for Dominion?

Catnium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2013

called it

i sad this would happen like the day murder bridge got released

i totally called this

soon it will have ranked before dominioioionion

Sauron

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golly View Post
Based upon what evidence? Listen, I know it's a good thing overall. That isn't what the argument should be/is about. And maybe you can't publicly criticize Riot in a way that may jeopardize a future position there; but doesn't it bother you that they are considering opening up another queue without already fully supporting the ones they have?
Riot firmly believes in having two teams for balance. One for SR, and one for non-SR. There's not many people on the non-SR team which is why Nome is currently working on more than just one mode at a time. The more demand for non-SR things there are, the more likely we are to get people dedicated to specific game modes, and for them to be given the authority to make changes to the modes without weeks of waiting for go-aheads from up the chain.

Palladine

01-03-2013

I'd recommend to avoid the problem of people making ARAM accounts with only high quality champions, that they instead make it so it randoms a champion from all champions currently in the game instead of just the ones you own.

FDru

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
^ If FDru and ViolentlyCar fused together to form one giant misinformation-spewing ragemachine, that would be the result.

Personally I'm glad ARAM is getting a queue. It deserves it, and the more alternate modes we have the more the non-SR population grows, and the more likely we are to get support.
Here's some more "misinformation" for you: what Riot actually said about this "ARAM queue":

Quote:
My translations for the last two red posts: (first three were of minor importance imo)

4th Riot post:

"Ok, I asked around and wanted to hear some opinions about ARAM as a normal queue. You are not the only ones that love it, our staff also really enjoys playing it. It's a great idea to offer a queue for ARAM and this topic is already in discussion. But: If we add a new mode to the game, we have to consider and think about many different things, it takes time. Thinking of matchmaking (random champions!) for example. If we make a queue for it, we want to grant an unique experience for the players."

5th post:

"We heard you. "

I'm sorry for my english, it was the best I could do.
tl;dr: no confirmation of anything, just the typical non-conclusive meaningless Riot banter you find about any and everything ever mentioned.

Keep jumping to conclusions, Dominion spazoids.

inFe eD

01-03-2013

fdruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Bma

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2013

Oh that said, the downside is that you can't just play Aram if u dodge ranked queue anymore l0l

Kiddalee

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palladine View Post
I'd recommend to avoid the problem of people making ARAM accounts with only high quality champions, that they instead make it so it randoms a champion from all champions currently in the game instead of just the ones you own.
I had no idea that was an issue.

Genericke

01-03-2013

Am I the only one who loves FDru? IDK, I just love his cynicism and no nonesense attitude.