Sigh... another kick in the pants for Dominion. ARAM queue incoming.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Golly

01-03-2013

http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege...e_coming_soon/

Don't get me wrong. I love that there will be *more* options. It just seems like the list of excuses for non-ranked Dominion is running out.

Phourc

01-03-2013

Looks like I'm going to be playing a LOT more ARAMs, would be awesome to see a dodge penalty though - I really hate it when people play a random mode and then quit if their character isn't OP enough ):

Bma

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2013

How did u do this before me gg

Upon thinking about it obviously ranked requires more infrastructure than an aram queue but I still find it funny in some aspects.

Golly

01-03-2013

Yeah, I don't find myself to be angry about it. Just resigned.

Duelpower

01-03-2013

We don't want to split the playerbase with another queue!

Lulz

stormfallen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2013

I'm fairly sure it won't be a Ranked queue.

That being said, though, I have a feeling I'll be playing this quite often. Dom's been starting to bore me for a while.

lbgsloan

01-03-2013

Been lurking for a while hoping some sort of positive change might happen with Dominion for S3. Instead I come back and see balance is the worst it has ever been, and now Riot is basically killing any chance Dominion will ever grow. Not only will this mode draw most SR players looking for something new, but it's probably going to take away a large chunk of Dominion players fed up with the cluster**** that is currently Dominion blind pick balance. Without ranked, there's no draw for SR players and no incentive for current players to try to improve. I played a bit over the holidays, and blind pick is still a trainwreck of OP champions mixed with AFKs/DCs and SR players screwing around with Flash Ignite Nami or such. I'm not even going to talk about the brokeness of the current penetration vs resistances balance. You probably have better odds to win the lottery than consistently winning blind pick without a full premade.

Some people question why Dominion needs ranked, normal draft is sufficient no? There are three gaping flaws with normal draft that killed it.

One, there's no restrictions on premades. The top elo players rolled everyone with full premades vs pugs, causing the high elo to stop playing so they wouldn't be fodder for the premades, causing queue times for everyone above a certain elo to increase drastically. Even at my elo at the time (1700-1800 or such) queue times starting hitting 6-7 minutes for a game mode that was supposed to be about shorter games. It's not just Dominion either, high elo SR draft normals is apparently dead as well due to pretty similar issues. Soloq ranked would put a stop to 4-5 man premades curbstomping everyone.

Two, the dodge penalty - and don't fool yourselves, draft was flat-lining before the dodge penalty mysteriously disappeared for months - for normals is trivial. Jabebot triggered a frenzy of ******baggery. Enemy team gets firstpick? Dodge. Your team's firstpick wasn't the best available champion? Dodge. Jabebot says your teammates have 2% lower elo than you? Dodge. Watching something on youtube? Might as well troll Dominion for a while and dodge some games. I counted how many dodges it took to start a game once, and the record is 10 for myself. Needless to say people got fed up and time to get a game going increased to the point where the mode was no longer deemed playable by anyone above 1600 elo; and then the queue penalty somehow got dropped and finished things off as the number of dodges quadrupled. Ranked has a MUCH harsher dodge penalty, making people think twice about pushing the X.

Three, there are no season rewards for normals making it seem like a casual mode to the general population. The top players I'm sure all have elos in the mid-2000s and would trash a top SR team challenging them to a game of Dominion, yet if any of them wanted even a bronze icon for S3 they had to go play TT or SR. Dominion elo essentially means nothing to the general LoL community. This keeps a lot of SR and TT players from bothering with Dominion, and now with ARAM no longer going to have custom game limitations it seems Dominion's chance of ever growing and getting ranked is going to drop to 0. $100 bucks says ARAM gets balance and support considerations long after Riot abandons TT and Dominion once again.

Sauron

01-03-2013

^ If FDru and ViolentlyCar fused together to form one giant misinformation-spewing ragemachine, that would be the result.

Personally I'm glad ARAM is getting a queue. It deserves it, and the more alternate modes we have the more the non-SR population grows, and the more likely we are to get support.

Orphane

01-03-2013

There will *actually* be a penalty for dodging ARAMs and you'll get normalized IP from it instead of limited by custom? Why would this be a bad thing in general?

Infirc

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
^ If FDru and ViolentlyCar fused together to form one giant misinformation-spewing ragemachine, that would be the result.

Personally I'm glad ARAM is getting a queue. It deserves it, and the more alternate modes we have the more the non-SR population grows, and the more likely we are to get support.
How would you call it anyways? VioIent Fdru Car?, i like arams and such and would be glad if they made a queue with an actual penalty to punish those guys that dodge when they don't get their herp derp champions but i have the slight feeling that's like they would put Ranked Aram (an oxymoron on all senses) before ranked Dominion :S

edit: i'm also glad that they are expanding the Non sr community but keep in minf that most Aram players are Sr guys wanting to unwind after a hard "srz biznus nurmals" or a ranked game so there are higher chances that that community would rather look down Upon DOminion and its playerbase than directly or indirectly support us.