AP Soraka Top?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Marquandia

01-03-2013

Had a debate with a friend on if this would be viable or not. His recommended build was:

Liandry's
Ryali's
Abyssal
RoA
Spell Pen Boots
Situational Last Item

I was just wanting to know what the everyone elses thoughts of this were. Seems like it would be ok early to mid game but fall off greatly end game. She seems to be extremely gankable as well. Just curious of everyone's thoughts.

Vaenilskil

01-03-2013

Fiora GG Rengar GG Singed GG Jax GG I can keep going. Dont do it lol.

Vaenilskil

01-03-2013

I would destory Sora at level 1 with Fiora I would have no worries about turret diving, as for her being gankable it would just be a waste of Junglers time since Sora will be Turret Humping whole game in fear.

Marquandia

01-03-2013

I'm definitely with you on this one. Lol. He spent an hour trying to tell us how it could possibly be viable (not in high elo ranked). As a main Garen player, I could see how it could be annoying early game but with any decent jungler coming to give an early gank gets me infinitely ahead with no chance of her coming back as long as I avoid ganks myself.

Zlain

01-03-2013

You shouldn't even need the jungle to help you with a Sora top...

Marquandia

01-03-2013

The only thing that would be annoying about her is her silence on top of her nuke heal with armor bonus. Ive never played against it so I have no idea what kind of damage she'd take top. Id imagine she'd be pretty squishy though. I just don't see how she'd be viable at all. I was just wanting other peoples opinion to see what others thought about it.

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2013

Everyone who is talking about how they would dominate Soraka top with Fiora or any other AD obviously has never faced an AP Soraka.

The armor her heal gives is rediculous, and being top I'd assume you'd go level two pretty early. If she waits under the tower she's possibly one of the best under tower farmers in the game. Her Q allows her to mad farm.

Honestly, AP Soraka seems pretty legit top, actually a lot more legit top than mid if you ask me.

Q-> Great dps/constant harras and push.
W-> Sustain AND armor buff
E-> Silence for the casters up top.
R-> Yeah, turret dive soraka with her ult up. Between her W, armor buff, and ultimate heal... you have to kill nearly 2 Sorakas.

I'm not a fan of Soraka mid, her range is pretty bad. Yet, AP soraka top seems to be more viable.

Though, I would get Rhylai's first, and switch your boots for CD boots. Soraka does not make good use of spell pen because of her passive on her Q, you get diminishing returns after 6 or so stacks. I prefer to grab an abyssal, and 4th or 5th item I will buy a Malady, because it now scales off your AP and that extra dps and MR shred is pretty damn mean. Even with 100 MR, you're taking most enemies under 0 in any sustained fights.

You may look to buy a tear first, because she can build it quickly and can use the mana. The shield will really benefit her baiting ability as well.

Zlain

01-03-2013

Pick a good gap closer/someone with any form of CC = dead Soraka.

Fiora, Irelia, Jax, Wukong, Darius, Vi, Renek, Elise, Riven, Olaf. Any of them 1v1 is a dead Soraka.

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zlain View Post
Pick a good gap closer/someone with any form of CC = dead Soraka.

Fiora, Irelia, Jax, Wukong, Darius, Vi, Renek, Elise, Riven, Olaf. Any of them 1v1 is a dead Soraka.

I'll 1 v 1 you with any of these, especially darius, with Soraka. You do realize that if you cannot burst her, she will just heal right?

Soraka is deceptively tanky against AD characters because of her armor buff from W. Her game is poke and heal, she can take 4 hits and give you 1, and still come out ahead.

Jayfeather

01-03-2013

Top lanes grind up squishies in a second because they usually fight other bruisers. No matter how many heals they have, cc is coming forthright and damage follows soon after. Rod of Ages takes level 11 to build to - where are you then? 0/3? 0/7?