Playing against Vi is a nightmare

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Voidgolem

01-03-2013

if a shield for, like, 50 is what's winning trades, L2rightclick

blackknight131

01-03-2013

If her back is glowing, her shield is up. If it doesn't glow, it isn't. Noticed that a few days ago.

Still Eternity

01-03-2013

I've found Vi to actually be a fun matchup. Almost all of them use her E on creeps to try and harass from beyond the line, but with a bunch of pots it's negligable damage.

The trick to fighting her is to go all out balls out when she misses her Q. That thing does a truck load of damage, so if she misses it, she's basically out of options until it comes back. If you really punish her for missing that Q, you can get your own full damage rotation out on her with little retaliation.

Also, never EVER fight an extended Auto-attack battle. She WILL win. Only let her attack you two times, then back off. If she builds a Phage, well, try not to Auto Attack at all unless, as above, she misses a Q and you can fight back for a bit. Jungler intervention works quite well, considering if she uses her basically at all she'll push the creepwave so far up your tower's ass the minions fall out of it's mouth.

Overall, Vi feel pretty fragile and VERY depended on getting the first kill in your lane. If she dies even once, you will snowball very far ahead. Every time I've gotten the first kill on her, she was meat every other time she came back to lane.

iPlaytheTpt

01-20-2013

I played Teemo against a Vi once in lane. Whoever said her laning phase is bad, you're wrong. Level up her E then use minions to poke with it from a distance (yeah this is easy and kind of hard to dodge for sure if she knows how to aim it). Whenever i tried to punish her for going in a little too far to take cs, she had her shield up and just walked away. Plus i probably just got E'd by her so no speed buff over 3 or 4 seconds, and get creep blocked all day son. Blind doesn't work on the additional damage for her E, which when ranked up has a 7 second charge time or some bs so she just lays back whenever it's off cooldown. Basically, she poked me down to half health with her E then just ult, go in, break my armor, dead. Not that I could win trades, because 200-300 hp shield op. I just don't know how to play against a good Vi like that. Riot should probably nerf/remove her shield, and heighten the cooldown on E. I know her ult can be QSS'd, but really I don't like using it like that (e.g. darius) since it is 1660 gold and almost worthless if they don't have heavy magic damage. And, thank you for reading my rant lol

iPlaytheTpt

01-20-2013

Oh, and it's basically that old april fools' champ spotlight of lee sin. "Lee Sin is a ranged, melee, tanky dps, assassin, mage, tank, support jungler." that's what Vi is now, and the nerfs I mentioned^ would be like lee's recent nerfs, in my eyes anyway.

IndecisivePlayer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2013

Vi can be scary once she gets the advantage in lane but she's just an ult bot in teamfights. Either you get your mid or jungler to reset the lane or NEVER encourage skirmishes, just full fights. she will kick ass in a 2v2.

Vanra

01-20-2013

Her shield isn't random, it activates when she uses an ability.

Reality Bytez

01-20-2013

Blitz is also a frequent ban. Nobody really gets to play him.

Great Sephiroth

01-20-2013

Personnaly i found her OP i faced her many times at top lane 1v1 and could never beat her . and her damn Ult that makes her almost untargetable its really annoying she just have to use her Q toiward me and ult even turret dive me and im done

i dont care if u downvote me but she is needing a nerf (those who downvotes those kind of reply is those who play those characters)