Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Playing against Vi is a nightmare

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Letler

01-03-2013

Vi, conceptually is pretty cool. She's always yelling and slamming and punching which is great! It sounds cool and it looks cool. Playing against her is not fun. It doesn't feel like, wow that Vi skillfully bested me because the player is better. It feels like wow a random shield just saved her and wow she alone chain cc'd me for like 2-3 seconds, in a game where burst is pretty much THE most important thing, that is forever.

Mostly my issues are about her shield popping up and the amount of ground she can cover in almost zero time.

From an enemy perspective there is no clear way of telling when her shield is building up or going to appear, you just see her get really low on health, you think of yay I've got her now and suddenly a shield appears and suddenly she uses her double burst and you are down half your health and then suddenly her shield appears again and then suddenly you are dead. While Vi somehow just rested around 200 life during the whole exchange. That is some Poppy **** right there.

My second point Flash Q Ult = about 14,000 miles of land covered, and you cannot escape. At least with Caitlins ult it can be intercepted, with Malphs ult you can dodge it.

End Rant.

DragonStryker

01-03-2013

You can dodge her Q
And once you do that, and she has no ult, just kite her

Letler

01-03-2013

Still, her Q doesn't require a target and has a fairly long range. At least with many other gap closers you have to actually have someone to click on.

Zorasama

01-03-2013

Vi ult is nothing like Malphite ult

more like WW ult for me, but shorter

people in her way can dodge it, there's even a huge line telling everyone where she's running

Diss

01-03-2013

Vi's ulti is pretty slow so if u are ulted you can run to your tower or your team and punish her.
Shield isnt that great cus if u used a skill a couple seconds before you attack an enemy you wont be able to use it.
Also dodge Q ward the bush so it's easier to see when she is charging.

SnoWolf x

01-03-2013

Never lost to a vi in lane.. shes quite weak in that reguard, shes basically jax 2.0, get some levels n items n you dominate. her ult is also pretty trash

Rynhardt

01-03-2013

I want to like her but I kind of find her boring. She's very all-or-nothing, anyone smart won't get hit by her E in lane.

Giga Crush

01-03-2013

Vi has a weak laning phase. You just have to get used to her.

DotEleven

Recruiter

01-03-2013

Quote:
Letler:
Vi, conceptually is pretty cool. She's always yelling and slamming and punching which is great! It sounds cool and it looks cool. Playing against her is not fun. It doesn't feel like, wow that Vi skillfully bested me because the player is better. It feels like wow a random shield just saved her and wow she alone chain cc'd me for like 2-3 seconds, in a game where burst is pretty much THE most important thing, that is forever.

Makes me wonder why AP/Mana Tank Blitz isn't played top... hm...

Vanadi

01-03-2013

Quote:
DotEleven:
Makes me wonder why AP/Mana Tank Blitz isn't played top... hm...

Duh! It's because Blitzcrank lacks CC!