Why are they even in the League?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bam4K

01-03-2013

Looking at the lore of Syndra and Zyra it is very confusing as to why beings who prize freedom over everything else and who have only recently obtained there freedom would consent to have their bodies and powers bent to a summoners will in order to compete in the League of Legends...any thoughts concerning this?

MrMegido

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bam4K View Post
Looking at the lore of Syndra and Zyra it is very confusing as to why beings who prize freedom over everything else and who have only recently obtained there freedom would consent to have their bodies and powers bent to a summoners will in order to compete in the League of Legends...any thoughts concerning this?
It does seem somewhat far-fetched. But we havent quite seen the lore department pull there **** together yet, at least last time I had checked. I guess we just have to hope they do soon.

KlDDvicious

01-03-2013

honestly if i were zyra (and then i would do unspeakable things to myself) and i just tentacled my way into some random summoner (who happens to be very um, physically endowed), i'd really have no idea where the heck to go. might as well go to the league lol

Anachronity

01-03-2013

A better question would be why so many champions bent on revenge would join the league, knowing that it would mean they could never actually kill the one they're after.

EpicFrogNinja

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anachronity View Post
A better question would be why so many champions bent on revenge would join the league, knowing that it would mean they could never actually kill the one they're after.
Well they can at least repeatedly kill their rivals over and over and over again...

but I agree it's not going to satisfy them to know that their nemesis will just respawn again.

lanindandi

01-03-2013

Because killing them once isn't enough.

Also, I suppose they want to humiliate them as much they can.

H3llion

01-04-2013

Syndra is probably doing it to gain political influence, much easier to take over the world or whatever shes planning if shes got enough IP to just make whoever would try to stop her look the other way

Cerubois

01-04-2013

I don't think Syndra's the type to take the roundabout way of destroying people...

Just ask her mentor.

Kuatsu742

01-05-2013

I would think syndra would join to strengthen her powers. After all the champions would likely be the ones to try and stop her

Dracorya

01-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanindandi View Post
Because killing them once isn't enough.

Also, I suppose they want to humiliate them as much they can.
"HA! I have X kills/wins over!"

Yeah a lot of that I think.