Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Disable Chat for Tribunal Offenders instead of Bans

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PoinTBlanK86

01-27-2013

Quote:
Y0u D0ne G00fed:
Why should we implement something in game that the majority of people don't need? Most people are fine communicating and don't rage in their games. I'd rather people who can't control their emotions be banned and quit playing ..... Than play with them while they are muted.

Howabout, they just stop raging in chat and grow up

Because trolls will continue to be trolls in game? Raging isn't always what's happening. I got banned just for trying to respond and tell the player to stop harassing me. If that's the type of **** this community bans for, then yeah, 'disable' my chat function for not being a 'communicative' person. hah. Laughable.

SimplyAlive

01-27-2013

Quote:
PoinTBlanK86:
Because trolls will continue to be trolls in game? Raging isn't always what's happening. I got banned just for trying to respond and tell the player to stop harassing me. If that's the type of **** this community bans for, then yeah, 'disable' my chat function for not being a 'communicative' person. hah. Laughable.

Elaborate, as that is quite vague.

'Responding' can be done in quite a few ways, of which some ae punishable and others aren't. If you have a report card, feel free to post it.

Saint Latona

01-27-2013

Quote:
PoinTBlanK86:
Lmao, of course Saint is against this. This troll just loves feeling like he has some special power and say in this community. In fact, the sole fact that you HAVE to rely on chat to decide whether to punish someone is reason enough to show that the Tribunal is pure garbage. You don't get to see what is ACTUALLY happening in the game at all, and yet you somehow get to make swift, and harsh punishments of 'situations' that you can't even see? Makes a lot of sense.

Well, it is quite easy to tell whether to punish or pardon based on chat alone most of the time. When I encounter a borderline case that I'm not sure whether to hit punish or pardon, I just skip the case. Works out quite well. We also have the reds to help shed some light on such borderline cases, like that guy that refused to help his team at any point in the game.

Squabblez

01-27-2013

1 troll can ruin 4 other players and their experience of the game. That is the basic argument of permanent banning. Because this one person is continually ruining other people's gaming experience Riot has to rid themselves of these trolls. It's not a long term solution as Lyte has pointed out but it's something at least. Many trolls tend to be sociopaths in the sense the way they speak have no conscience. I'd rather remove them. Lyte has said himself that he doesn't want these people back in the game. YOU KNOW the ones. The really toxic ones.

embalmdk

01-27-2013

No, disabling their chat does not work they just find another way to ruin the game for others. Punishment system works as intended, eventually permaban toxic players.