Disable Chat for Tribunal Offenders instead of Bans

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hellblaue

01-17-2013

bumps

Doct0r Phil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2013

Why should we implement something in game that the majority of people don't need? Most people are fine communicating and don't rage in their games. I'd rather people who can't control their emotions be banned and quit playing ..... Than play with them while they are muted.

Howabout, they just stop raging in chat and grow up

Hellblaue

01-23-2013

refresh

Saint Latona

01-23-2013

I disagree with this idea. There are numerous ways to grief your team w/o using the chat. Like that person that got banned for emote spamming.

Chat is a feature. It shouldn't get disabled at all. In fact, us Tribunal judges rely on chat to tell whether the reported player deserves to be punished or not.

Orazzz

01-23-2013

I could see this being a punishment option after warnings and before time bans. And maybe for a period of time after a player returns from their time ban... however, limiting chat use stops players ability to communicate things such as MIAs, when to engage fights, etc... so as much as I like the thinking, this just isn't viable in this kind of game. Good thinking tho, OP!

Obscene81

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisD˙cklingG˙y View Post
When 90+ percent of the tribunal cases are strictly about language related issues, I think you need to use your brain Riot and just add a feature that permanently mutes accounts with issues sent to the tribunal. I just finished reviewing 20 cases and every single one was language related.

Instead of banning people you need to change what player have access to certain chat features. This would a) remove almost all need for tribunal and b) improve in game play. Which the tribunal does not. If you remove a summoner they just remake on another account with the same issues... This chat feature would actually change things.

Not everyone is the same. In fact most humans think differently depending on the individual. So you need more than a one size fits all model.

Last I would suggest you still allow people at max chat ban to still issues a certain amount of pings and indicators. Anyway a model like this would correct play instead of just force it onto other accounts where most people might actually be more malicious.

If they implemented this you would not get banned, the tribunal would be revamped and most likely taken back to a company based decision and not automated.

They have a mute function. So I'm not sure what you're getting at. By that same argument the person who muted the other person should also be banned for not communicating.

The issue is if it truly is an issue where the liability is based on your decision to mute someone there should not be an option after the game to punish based on language. I have long discussed this issue about language liability.

As I stated they would have options for a spectrum of disabled features and limits. Mia features, pings, target pings, and retreat pings would very likely never be disabled.

To the first part I would just like to say the rest of the team would not suffer, more than likely you would focus on the game more so as well never know there was a chat disable on the person at all. Many games I play people do not type in chat for the duration of the game and my game experience is not effected in a negative fashion.

The second part about pushing them less "Is True". Most times when a person commits a wrong doing or foul both in life or in a game it could have been prevent by better organization or measures. What I am suggesting is one of many measures that could be in play to greatly reduce negative environments on all players.

I would like to highlight this comment because it is one of the main reasons this should be implemented. The better off with out them is both a narrow minded view but more so you would be incorrect at thinking they have left the game. People will always find ways to comeback to a game. Especially if it is free accounts. So why not address the source, improve their (the offenders) environment so they do not harm others and potentially change. People can have a lot invested into any game or object and when you take it away it is the same scenario as backing a dog into a corner of giving a person nothing to lose. Eventually you will get bit.
A decaying chat ban would help. Just bc the player is a rager doesnt mean hes a bad player. He can be extremely gifted at this game, so why ban that player for being good at what he does. Chat ban is perfect that decays over time. i would permaban all bad players (the ones who die alot and dont cooperate in team work including trolls and feeders)

If you suck go play tetris or supermario bros, a game that doesnt involve you playing any form of pvp.

Xianio

01-23-2013

Quote:
i would permaban all bad players
Interesting, so you were born great at this game? That's pretty impressive.

GIANT TROLL

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Please im Drunk View Post
ROFL! I laughed my a55 off!

PoinTBlanK86

01-27-2013

BUMP. Over 2,000....TWO THOUSAND views, and still no consideration or even a response from the Reds. Some community.

PoinTBlanK86

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Latona View Post
I disagree with this idea. There are numerous ways to grief your team w/o using the chat. Like that person that got banned for emote spamming.

Chat is a feature. It shouldn't get disabled at all. In fact, us Tribunal judges rely on chat to tell whether the reported player deserves to be punished or not.
Lmao, of course Saint is against this. This troll just loves feeling like he has some special power and say in this community. In fact, the sole fact that you HAVE to rely on chat to decide whether to punish someone is reason enough to show that the Tribunal is pure garbage. You don't get to see what is ACTUALLY happening in the game at all, and yet you somehow get to make swift, and harsh punishments of 'situations' that you can't even see? Makes a lot of sense.