Disable Chat for Tribunal Offenders instead of Bans

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PoinTBlanK86

01-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirska View Post
Wrong. First, verbal harassment is not a crime, generally speaking, so defending yourself in that case is also not a crime. That does not apply here. If we consider breaking Riot rules as a "crime" in this context, then you are simply responding to one crime with another crime. That doesn't fly in real life and it doesn't fly here. Please don't try to use "self-defense" as an excuse here because no one can cause you or your family bodily harm over LoL.

You know how you respond to harassment in real life? You call the police. In this case you report them. You don't incite the person more like you do in your case. Cursing back at the person in real life is more likely to lead to a physical fight and both of you in a jail cell.

Further, you can "defend yourself" without acting like a jerk as you do. I do it all the time. Your language is rude and abrasive and you do nothing but incite people to bother you further. People accuse me of sucking all the time, and I defend myself all the time, yet as I've already pointed out, I've never even gotten so much as a warning. That's because I defend myself calmly without attacking them back, and if that doesn't work, I ignore them and move on. I play jungle and support. I get blamed ALLLLL the time for team failures.
Not wrong. Verbal harassment IS a crime. You said it yourself that defending yourself isn't a crime, so why should you be punished for it on a game if you aren't in real life? Makes no sense. Riot code of conduct isn't a law by any means, obviously. Who said anything about bodily harm. We're talking about VERBAL abuse here. Your rebuttal paragraph doesn't have a clear reason to it and transitions to completely different subjects within the same paragraph.
also, I do defend myself nicely at first normally. Unless the person jsut starts off extremely rude.

dignitas Rampant

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-09-2013

Well, to put it bluntly, Riot's Code of Conduct is the law of the land in the game. Much like a city can have ordinances and a resort can have a patron code of conduct, Riot is allowed to make rules for their game.

Kirska

01-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoinTBlanK86 View Post
Not wrong. Verbal harassment IS a crime. You said it yourself that defending yourself isn't a crime, so why should you be punished for it on a game if you aren't in real life? Makes no sense. Riot code of conduct isn't a law by any means, obviously. Who said anything about bodily harm. We're talking about VERBAL abuse here. Your rebuttal paragraph doesn't have a clear reason to it and transitions to completely different subjects within the same paragraph.
also, I do defend myself nicely at first normally. Unless the person jsut starts off extremely rude.
There seems to be a very large disconnect between what you think you said and what you actually said. This is quite remarkable considering the fact that your chat log is there to review.

Keep telling yourself you've done nothing wrong if it makes you feel better about yourself.

Kirska

01-09-2013

A note to the OP. The fact that such a blatant offender posting in this thread is so in favor of this system for their own benefit is an extremely strong indication of why this system will not work and should never be implemented.

PoinTBlanK86

01-09-2013

Quote:
There seems to be a very large disconnect between what you think you said and what you actually said. This is quite remarkable considering the fact that your chat log is there to review.

Keep telling yourself you've done nothing wrong if it makes you feel better about yourself.
You are now trying to make a jump to what....my case file? What you were jsut trying to argue with me about previously doesn't involve my case file. It only involves the fact that you think being verbally harassed and berated by teammates is not something that could cause a person to become stressed and feel backed into a corner and say something to try to defend themselves.

Dagolith

01-09-2013

Not harsh enough of a penalty

PoinTBlanK86

01-09-2013

Quote:
A note to the OP. The fact that such a blatant offender posting in this thread is so in favor of this system for their own benefit is an extremely strong indication of why this system will not work and should never be implemented.
A note to the OP that Kirska is the clear troll here as he doesn't know anything about me. My last case file shows quite clearly that I never say anything to anyone unless I am berated and pushed into a corner with harassment from my teammates. If we're going to just make assumptions here, I'm sure you were probably the kid who got lightly teased in school and got your overly sensitive feelings hurt, and this is now your chance to vindicate yourself by being able to punish everyone to the most extreme allowance(which with this system, is an extreme amount), without virtue or precedent.

If you want to argue, take a side, and give actual evidence that either supports this or conflicts it, by all means do. However do not come in and just troll quote other people while giving no explanation or opinion that has absolutely no evidence. The fact that such a blatant troll is aloowed to use the tribunal system and cut off hands and slit throats for minor incidents is an obtusely clear reason why this system would work much better and should be implemented, rather than allowing any and every random person that wants to judge cases to receive IP for doing it, thus creating another reward for being part of the 'system' whether you even care to actually judge cases or not.

PoinTBlanK86

01-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampant Idiocy View Post
Well, to put it bluntly, Riot's Code of Conduct is the law of the land in the game. Much like a city can have ordinances and a resort can have a patron code of conduct, Riot is allowed to make rules for their game.
Ah, but the fact of the matter is they say they want the COMMUNITY to be the judges, yet they do not allow the community to judge what is actually worth and unworthy of punishment. They set their own guideline which they expect every Tribunal 'judger' to have, which is 'punish punish punish' no matter how slight or minuscule the incident. No matter if the person that reported them reports someone in almost EVERY single game they are in, no matter if the person was clearly the victim from the beginning. The Tribunal is a system of judgement, yes. It clearly is a not a system of any form of mercy or expecting integrity from players that berate other players.

PoinTBlanK86

01-09-2013

At this point I can only hope that a better 'DotA' game ran by a better community is released that I can support, as I have lost all hope in this one.

Kirska

01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoinTBlanK86 View Post
A note to the OP that Kirska is the clear troll here as he doesn't know anything about me. My last case file shows quite clearly that I never say anything to anyone unless I am berated and pushed into a corner with harassment from my teammates.
The only thing your case shows is that you're a toxic player that deserved to be banned.

Further the only things your posts show is that you're someone who refuses to take responsibility for your own actions.