Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Disable Chat for Tribunal Offenders instead of Bans

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lower Levels

01-03-2013

Personally even though the FAQ covers the language issue I couldn't agree more. I feel like people are just out witch hunting anyone who swears at all. A lot of the cases I am seeing are just people saying champion X is "bull" or using the f word when they screw up. And even though I often pardon these cases I see they are still punished afterwards, when in reality they weren't doing anything thing to DIRECTLY harm another players experience.

I feel especially strongly about this considering that the mature language filter and all chat is turned off by default. If people have to go out of their way just to be able to see mature language, then quite frankly they forfeit their right to be offended by it in my opinion.

Now when people are constantly harassing people with mature language its obvious that they need to be punished. But if a player says one or two things to a person who may legitimately have screwed up, its hard to judge that as punishable. (even though it often is punished blindly)

SkeletalArm

01-03-2013

I like this idea, but there still needs to be some communication. Pings of course would not be muted, but what about the ocassional mia and re. Riot would have to probably set up something similar to what Hi-Rez has in Smite, or maybe a custom key that would allow only certain words through, such as mia and re or similar.

And this could be used as the first few offenses. Not perma muted but muted for a time, then maybe perma mute or ban.

BrightNooblar

Recruiter

01-03-2013

Sorry, but I really can't get behind something that makes it even easier for people to be toxic, and play league. Keep the permabans, people will get tired of their empty rune pages and tiny champion rosters.

Sure some people will make a new account, but with this system they can do that, and troll in other games on a lvl 30 account.

NynaeveaM

01-03-2013

Quote:
BrightNooblar:
Sorry, but I really can't get behind something that makes it even easier for people to be toxic, and play league. Keep the permabans, people will get tired of their empty rune pages and tiny champion rosters.

Sure some people will make a new account, but with this system they can do that, and troll in other games on a lvl 30 account.

I don't agree. We will always have trolls. In fact Tribunal has been up for so long the percentage of toxic players/offenders/trolls won't change a lot. The problem is, if you make it any harder to get pardoned, the already large amount of banned borderline cases will become huge. So by raising the bar, but instead giving out account mute for verbal harassment, you can actually accept more borderline cases, and at the same time punish the ones that really need to stop talking.

The argument that people will be toxic in the game doesn't seem like a no argument to me. If they get reported for ruining the game after they've been muted, well you see it's the type of player that would've been permanently banned anyway. Could add a "muted account" flag to Tribunal cases so that people can consider did he improve after the mute or does he keep ruining the game. The rest of the players that get muted, in my opinion a large portion of those people, will be happy they can play and not get reported for flaming.

ThisDúcklingGúy

01-04-2013

Good to see these kind of responses.

vulgarwolf

01-05-2013

When Chewbacca was younger, he lived in the dangerous forest of Shadowlands on Kashyyyk. He lived there because he wanted to explore other parts of the galaxy, but did not know how to get off Kashyyyk.When he was almost age 100, he worked at the Wroshyr Tree. Chewbacca and his friend, Jowdrrl, job was to repair vehicles with a hydrospanner. Later Chewbacca and Lumpawaroo, his father, built the town Rwookrrorro, witch became the capitol of Kashyyyk. This town was quickly attacked by droids, but Chewbacca, Obi-Wan, and Qui-Gon Jinn won the battle.At age 178, the Clone Wars started and Chewbacca became the leader of the Wokkie Army.Chewbacca and the King of Kashyyyk, Grakchawwaa, fought Asajj Ventress but loosed because a Wokkie named Quaagan helped her.During the 2nd year of the Clone Wars Chewbacca and Ahsoka Tano was captured by Trandoshan, a bounty hunter.Chewbacca later that year became a negotiator and gave Tarfful the spot of Leader.The Final year of the Clone Wars: Before the Battle of Kashyyyk and Jedi named Quinlan Vos became a protector of Kashyyyk.(He died in the battle against the droid). After the droids were defeated the Battle of Kashyyyk the battle against the clones lasted 2 month before stormtroopers came in and won. One month later, Looking for his padawan, Quinlan Vos, Roan Shryne came to Kashyyyk. Chewbacca and a group of Wookies were able to escape on his ship, while he faced Darth Vader.When the escaped Trandoshan, the bounty hunter, came across Chewbacca in space and captured him as revenge from the clone wars. Using his hydrospanner, Chewbacca, was able to free the Wokkies off the ship. Chewbacca decided to free any Wokkie on imperil ships.When Chewbacca was trying to escape off an Imperil Star Destroyer he ran to Lieutenant Han Solo. But Han decided to free Chewbacca, making him an enemy of the Empire. Chewbacca gave his life debt to Han. Star Wars episode 4(New Hope), 5(Empire Strikes Back), and 6(Return of the Jedi) occur. After the second Death Star was destroyed Chewbacca and Han went to Kashyyyk to work on repairs to the planet.Han and Leia get married. Han and Chewbacca went out to search for Force Children. Han's Children and (some how) Attichitcuk, Chewbacca's son, had Force, they discovered. In his Final mission, Chewbacca, Han, and Anakin went to Sernpidal, to take people off the planet because of Civil War. Anakin was being pushed by the wind near a cliff, Chewbacca ran after him. He caught Anakin and put him on the ship when the wind started again and push Chewie of the cliff. Chewbacca got a giant carving of his head on Kashyyyk as his memorial.

Fudouri

01-05-2013

Quote:
NynaeveaM:
I don't agree. We will always have trolls. In fact Tribunal has been up for so long the percentage of toxic players/offenders/trolls won't change a lot. The problem is, if you make it any harder to get pardoned, the already large amount of banned borderline cases will become huge. So by raising the bar, but instead giving out account mute for verbal harassment, you can actually accept more borderline cases, and at the same time punish the ones that really need to stop talking.

The argument that people will be toxic in the game doesn't seem like a no argument to me. If they get reported for ruining the game after they've been muted, well you see it's the type of player that would've been permanently banned anyway. Could add a "muted account" flag to Tribunal cases so that people can consider did he improve after the mute or does he keep ruining the game. The rest of the players that get muted, in my opinion a large portion of those people, will be happy they can play and not get reported for flaming.

Hm...
In some ways though, what you are trying to do is add leniency into a system in which Riot believes (as of last post on it) is too lenient.

It would make sense if Riot felt the environment didn't allow for enough leeway but as far as whatever posts they have made, they have said Tribunal is too lenient. Why would they want to add more leniency into the system they feel is too lenient already?

Though agree that I have no proof many toxic players would just be toxic in other ways. For you guys who feel this would have been helpful for you, I suggest you mute everyone at the beginning of games. I have seen (14k+ cases) exactly 0 reports for refusing to communicate.

EnumaElizh

01-05-2013

I completly agree the OP. It would help people like me change and realize that not insulting your team for sucking could give on some positive results in the end of the game. I believe Riot would help the "flamers" just like me change in a positive way.

Hellblaue

01-08-2013

>

PoinTBlanK86

01-08-2013

Quote:
Fudouri:
Hm...

I like the thinking (alternative ways to try and slow and stop someone).

Unfortunately, I don't know if this is right solution.
A toxic player will be toxic, that's just sort of how it will go. If they can't speak, they will intentionally feed. Or afk. Or spam ping. Those are already hard to catch now. Removing their speaking just makes toxic players harder to find.

This is untrue. You have no proof to the matter that this wouldn't work. I for one am for this. I was banned because I try to respond and communicate to malicious players which never goes well. Then I get reported and get in trouble too. Id rather just have my chat function disabled.