Flat or Leveled Runes?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Funster

10-17-2010

What do you guys normally use or find is more significant? The flat MP regen runes or the level based MP regen runes?

I know the flats will help a lot more in the early game. Do you think it's worth more than how it affects you late game? Are 9 flat regen runes enough for level 18 to keep a high mana pool?

Nayuki

10-17-2010

Tend to go per level regen runes, that way while they offer me less benefit early I will need one less slot on a regen item late game, if an item at all.

Draconic

10-17-2010

I find runes are the most useful early game so I always buy flat runes. End game they don't do a whole lot (especially MP regen, you shouldn't have problems end game with MP) and are dwarfed by items.

SLB Exxel

10-17-2010

Taking an even mix seems like the best option. You have some extra dmg/health/whatever early game and a nice boost to whatever attributes late game.

Pred8or

10-17-2010

Per lvl runes are generally more useful IMO, especially blue and yellow mana per 5. You basically get the flat stats by lvl 8 or so.

Nybass

10-17-2010

Per level MP regen seals are better than flat. They break even at level 4, which is what, less than 10 minutes in the game?

Really, it's the only per level runes thats so much more useful than their flat counterpart.

PROTECT MY BALLS

10-17-2010

Flat for all runes!
Now only will your early game will determine your late game, but by the time your level 18, the bonuses just aren't good enough to be worth it.

For example, +50 Hp at level 1, or +150 hp at level 18?
(This is especially true for mana, as late game you have tons of mana, and your skills require tons. You won't notice just a bit extra MP regen, but early game you will when your skills cost very little)

tist

10-17-2010

I just realized I spent over 2k ip on flat mp5 runes because I didn't know there was a 2nd page on the shop. mp5/perlevel runes are SO much better.

Metta Game

10-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funster View Post
What do you guys normally use or find is more significant? The flat MP regen runes or the level based MP regen runes?

I know the flats will help a lot more in the early game. Do you think it's worth more than how it affects you late game? Are 9 flat regen runes enough for level 18 to keep a high mana pool?
Dear ****ing God, don't get flat MP regen runes. MP 5 per lvl are 10X better.

Sc3ptor

10-17-2010

The only time I ever use Leveled runes is for stuff like Mana Regen