How does a GP lane against a 6 hp pot Mord?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bryden

10-17-2010

I just had the joy of laning against Mord, and there was no way to stop him. At all. Now that I think about it, laning against him is NEVER fun. Late game he is borderline OP with how much he can tank, and early game I can't even get past his shield. Please Help

dawolfsclaw

10-17-2010

you turtle till your jungle comes down for a gank and kill him. after that you should be fine

blackman inc

10-17-2010

switch lanes, ask for gank from jungler since he will b easily pushing to tower, dont solo as GP

Our Final Rites

10-17-2010

Denyplank ftw

VelCthulhu

10-17-2010

Hide behind your tower and Parrrley minions for gold.

CosmicKirby

10-17-2010

Don't directly go up against him.

He has one of, if not THE best early lane phase in the game.

Try to poke him whenever he has his shield down, and hug your tower. Depending on your jungler...
WW: You break his shield, let HIM Infinite Duress him
Amumu: Let him initiate and break his shield, you should do the damage.

etc.

Also, avoid fighting him near minions or bunching up with your ganker. He'll get lots of shield if he can hit multiple targets.

CounterCraft

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2010

Defend the tower.... That's your only job until ganker ganks or take down tower.

xbombr

10-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackman inc View Post
switch lanes, ask for gank from jungler since he will b easily pushing to tower, dont solo as GP
GP isn't a bad solo. He works awesome in a 1v1 sidelane or a 2v1. Midding as him is alright, but it's better for someone who can carry harder to do that.

The only time you don't want to solo as GP is against a pushing character like Morde or an overly survivable character with a beastly harassment game, like Vlad.

The real merit in GP comes from denying creeps so you can gain a level advantage.

So yeah, GP doesn't lane against Morde. You ask for a lane change, because he's a farming mid without a way to eliminate a massive amount of creeps to keep his tower from getting pushed.

EFG

10-17-2010

You ask for a lane change

Beravin

10-17-2010

Well, Mordekaiser is my main, and I've played enough Gangplank games to know how difficult this lane must have been for you. In fact, your name seems familiar, it may well have been my Morde you were up against.

My advice is this: get a lane swap. No, seriously. You are the ideal laning opponent for a Mordekaiser, because the only damage you can really do is through Parrley, which can easily be absorbed by shield at low levels. The only advantage a Gangplank has over a Mordekaiser is his heal, which can save you from Ignite/Grave, and denying creeps, which hurts Morde alot more than people seem to realize. Morde needs to be a high level to make use of his early game, Gangplank slows this down (but not prevents, a good Morde will be killing Wraiths too, and will keep up).

Mordekaiser is not OP in any way, shape or form, at any point in the game. A Morde may seem OP to a Gangplank, but then, a Gangplank can seem OP to a squishy. Morde cant tank, tanking requires people to actually focus him in a fight, which you should never do. Morde is not a threat unless he gets a ghost, and if he does, thats the teams fault for picking 3 carries, Garren and a tank, having no support, and because your carry has 5 Infinity Edges and boots. Do people not realize that Guardian Angel single handedly counters Morde? Heck, even Fortitude elixirs can.

You should not be harassing Morde in the lane anyways. Harass his partner, or if he has none, last hit minions from a safe distance. In fact, if he had no lane partner, you should have zoned him. It kills his early game.

Besides that, just dont stand near creeps. If he Siphons you, then he dident Siphon the creeps, and got no shield, giving you a free counter Parrley to chip away at his exposed health. Rinse and repeat.

Its hard to harass a guy with 6 potions, thats kinda the point.