WHY I DONT Play Dominion (As Much As I Might)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gwakcha

01-04-2013

Queue approx times still horribly broken. It has never been like this before. Still playing the 15 minute waiting game when i was told 1:04.

WorstAlistarEver

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormfallen View Post
There's a vicious cycle here: people don't play Dom because the queue times are too high, and the queue times are high because people don't play Dom.
man.. you just opened my eyes

Outshine

01-05-2013

I barely have to wait a minute, normally.

Eyemite

01-05-2013

If your wait time is that long there is something wrong. My wait times are always 1 minute or less, unless i'm playing on an off time which might be 2 and a half minutes. The only time i've waited 4+ minutes is when I get 10 leavers in a row on the character select screen.

gwakcha

01-07-2013

Need a rioter to look into dominion queue times vs the "approx"? I'm still being told 1-2 minutes, waiting 10-15 more often than not. Just tell me 9 minutes. That's fine. Be honest.

Prandine

01-07-2013

I take it that you're queuing for normal matches. Even though I mostly play co-op vs. ai (which has short wait times (both beginner and intermediate)), the few normal dominion matches I'ved played didn't require me to wait that long. I'd say it depends on a few reasons.

1. The time of day it is.
2. Your elo.
3. Your win/lose ratio.

If you'd like to do some dominion matches, then I'd reccomend trying some co-op vs. ai at first, then if you'd like, move on to normal. I hope I helped some.

DiscworldDeath

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digikid13 View Post
Maybe around the initial elo....I doubt it's that low even there though
The expected queue time is for everyone playing in the mode, regardless of Elo. So people playing SR Ranked see ~50 seconds, no matter if they have 800, 1,200 or 2,400 Elo.

People with high or low Elo - compared to where most of the population currently queueing is situated are going to wait longer.

Vilociraptorrex

01-21-2013

Im currently in que at 40 minutes, est 12 min. i have had 4 games get declined and 1 guy leave in champ select, this is ridiculous, why such long wait times?!