I think tanky AD Malphite with a Hydra is better than AP Malphite

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

General Quackers

01-19-2013

If you get the chance to add a BC to the build, it makes him really strong with some other AD homies.

stormfallen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2013

And generally tank Malphite outclasses both.

SuperQuackDuck

01-19-2013

If i wanted a tanky broozer id play one.

MMKH

01-19-2013

Just for the trolls I tried an AD Malphite build in a bot game. It could probably work but only with the right team comp.

konfetarius

01-19-2013

The only AD Malphite is Divine Sword Malphite.

Palladine

01-20-2013

I saw a guy with Sword of the Divine + Infinity Edge + Boots of Mobility on Rammus going around terrorizing squishies.

Was pretty funny and sort of effective, it made people have to focus him (since he didn't build any armor/MR/HP) or body-block him from getting through our team and mangling our Caitlyn.

GET REKT FGT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palladine View Post
I saw a guy with Sword of the Divine + Infinity Edge + Boots of Mobility on Rammus going around terrorizing squishies.

Was pretty funny and sort of effective, it made people have to focus him (since he didn't build any armor/MR/HP) or body-block him from getting through our team and mangling our Caitlyn.

My AD Rammus is catching on!!! XD

Warrrrax

01-21-2013

This kinda belongs to the Additive Fallacy category, where piling on more of something you already get automatically makes it a good idea.

Kogs 6% barrage for example. People used to love getting Bloodrazors because it "synergizes" with his barrage. It does promote getting lots of Attack Speed and have a certain anti-health playstyle. But its still just adding 4% for the razor...same as any other champ would have.

Malph already gets some built in Tiamat effect. Adding more isn't necessarily a great thing. The radius is really small and malph doesnt stack lots of AD making the Active effect quite weak.

malph as a bruiser does all magical damage from his Q,E,R. He has a minor steroid effect for his autoattacks...a dmg booster and the AoE effect. This isn't really enough to force him to discard all his magical damage in favor of AD and armor pen,etc.

ANYTHING will work, but I hope you can see that this is suboptimal. Either add some Mpen to optimize base damage values, more CDR for faster spam, or go tanky so you live long enough to tank well and initiate using your spells as utility mostly.

General Quackers

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrrrax View Post
This kinda belongs to the Additive Fallacy category, where piling on more of something you already get automatically makes it a good idea.

Kogs 6% barrage for example. People used to love getting Bloodrazors because it "synergizes" with his barrage. It does promote getting lots of Attack Speed and have a certain anti-health playstyle. But its still just adding 4% for the razor...same as any other champ would have.

Malph already gets some built in Tiamat effect. Adding more isn't necessarily a great thing. The radius is really small and malph doesnt stack lots of AD making the Active effect quite weak.

malph as a bruiser does all magical damage from his Q,E,R. He has a minor steroid effect for his autoattacks...a dmg booster and the AoE effect. This isn't really enough to force him to discard all his magical damage in favor of AD and armor pen,etc.

ANYTHING will work, but I hope you can see that this is suboptimal. Either add some Mpen to optimize base damage values, more CDR for faster spam, or go tanky so you live long enough to tank well and initiate using your spells as utility mostly.
He also has a 40% AD steroid with a great uptime; and hydra factors in life steal effects. It's not about stacking Tiamat with his passive on W, it's about a 40% steroid being epic with Hydra for bot lane.

Stiff Tacos

01-21-2013

Unstoppable force is the perfect initiation. Here's a video of a guy doing SotD + IE cheese on SR.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxhmskeCZJs