Recent Phishing Scam IN Client

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kakk0

01-03-2013

Some of you may be aware of this, some of you may not, but there has been a recent phishing scam in the actual client of LoL.

Random accounts that are on your friends list probably at some point may have clicked the link, unaware of what it actually did, and are now randomly sending those links out to other people on their friends list. The result is an endless chain of people being sent the link that is now being spread even further through misinformation.

I will NOT post the link that is being used to phish, but I will inform any and all people I know to be aware of the situation. If you see ANY link in LoL, in client or otherwise and for that matter anywhere on the internet, that you do not know/have never been to before, DON'T CLICK ON IT.

Be mindful that this is happening at the moment. If you have friends who unfortunately didn't know the above 101 of link clicking and fell for the trap, advise them on how to remove it and help them in anyway you can. The best way to stop this is to avoid clicking the links, as it is a chain and if everyone is mindful of it now it will break.

synthmonger

02-10-2013

Riot should post a warning in game and on their main site about this. I was recently 'phished' but I found out who it was and got my account back. They shouldn't allow linking in game.

synthmonger

02-10-2013

Also, do you know who sent you the link?

TimThaHuman

05-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by synthmonger View Post
Also, do you know who sent you the link?
i have the summoner name who hacked it but they might of been hacked too does that still count?