Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Major] Katarina Death Lotus Bug

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EzrealPro1

01-02-2013

Every time Katarina is Snared she cannot use her ultimative. It doesnt affect her movement it only deals damage.

Kraddark13

01-03-2013

I've actually been witnessing a lot of bugs with katarina's ultimate, excluding the snare thing. A lot of the time when I play her and use her ult near a bunch of enemy champs and minions, little to no damage is given. I think this might be because it's hitting the minions instead? Or that it's not registering with the damage computation?? Please let me know if anyone else has noticed this.

EzrealPro1

01-05-2013

Bump

EmmZeeAy

01-05-2013

I main Katarina, and I can confirm both of these. Her Death Lotus only hits 3 enemies, so it's possible that you're looking at the wrong enemies for damage. If an enemy dies during her ult, the damage is then passed on to another champion. Death Lotus cannot hit minions or neutral monsters regardless. I do notice a lot less damage from her Death Lotus. I was in an ARAM playing her, and then a normal game. The enemy ADC had no MR whatsoever in the ARAM, and I couldn't kill him with my full combo (I was 17/3/21 at the time with an almost full build with a lot of Magic Penetration.) The only MR he had was the base + his runes/masteries.. And it only did half his health (yes, the full Death Lotus went through, they had no stuns or knockbacks/ups, or silences, etc. to stop it.)

Snared is basically stunned.. I think you mean like Lux's Q or Morgana's Q. You must have started Death Lotus before they hit you, and it will keep going.. They DO NOT stop your ult once proced, but you cannot begin it during the Snare either. I know for Amumu's ult now, you can do anything you want except E for Kat.. I think they may have nerfed the damage and AP ratio or something, and made her more viable by nerfing champs that oppose her.. Like Amumu and Blitz. (Yeah I know Blitz didn't get any nerfs that affect her.) Hope I helped you.

EzrealPro1

01-05-2013

Actually Ryze Snared me when I used Shunpa and I couldnt ult. I died when Shunpoed in 3 of them with half HP cause I couldnt use ult when lvl 18 Ryze snared me.

Stark Midnight

01-05-2013

Snares only stop skills that require movement such as Ahri's and Rivens dash, Kat's shunpo, ect. It shouldn't affect Katarina's ultimate.

Best Youmu NA

01-05-2013

Snare's do not stop only movement skills. I've noticed that Morgana's snare also stoped Riven from using Ki strike on the live server.

EzrealPro1

01-06-2013

Quote:
Stark Midnight:
Snares only stop skills that require movement such as Ahri's and Rivens dash, Kat's shunpo, ect. It shouldn't affect Katarina's ultimate.

Exactly and this is why I reported this bug, she should be able to ult, her E couldnt work and thats normal but her ult doesnt work.

EmmZeeAy

01-06-2013

Quote:
EzrealPro1:
Exactly and this is why I reported this bug, she should be able to ult, her E couldnt work and thats normal but her ult doesnt work.

That's exactly what it is. Next time you play as Katarina against an Amumu, please let me know if you can use Bouncing Blades and/or Sinister Steel. If my assumption is correct, although you're supposed to be able to use them during his ult, I think it registers as a stun or a silence maybe in her skills, preventing them from initiating mid ult. If amumu is going in, use Death Lotus before he ults, or wait until he uses it to go in is all I can say. I'm pretty sure this isn't going to be fixed anytime soon.. So good luck. :P

EzrealPro1

01-06-2013

Quote:
EmmZeeAy:
That's exactly what it is. Next time you play as Katarina against an Amumu, please let me know if you can use Bouncing Blades and/or Sinister Steel. If my assumption is correct, although you're supposed to be able to use them during his ult, I think it registers as a stun or a silence maybe in her skills, preventing them from initiating mid ult. If amumu is going in, use Death Lotus before he ults, or wait until he uses it to go in is all I can say. I'm pretty sure this isn't going to be fixed anytime soon.. So good luck. :P

I meant a bug when champs like Morgana Lux Ryze etc snares you, then you cannot use your ult, didnt test it with Amumu yet.