Buy Wards Please!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

adc

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznricepaddy View Post
Do you even support? Sightstones are not nearly enough and they don't provide vision wards.
" Ghost Wards placed by the Sightstone and Ruby Sightstone are functionally identical to Sight Wards, but are colored white instead of green. The difference is only visible while using the classic ward skins. "

From the League wikia.

They're functionally the same thing, so they essentially do provide vision wards.

AJStarhiker

01-03-2013

When I'm mid, I try to grab a couple wards when I back so I can ward the river entrances. It makes pushing safer for me, and it gives my jungler vision so he doesn't run into the enemy jungler if they both try to gank from the same side.

Kyant123108

01-03-2013

Buy wards in lane for bush and tri-bush? right... So I should spend 150 gold each time I go back. I'm not worth much more than 300 gold so out of 6 minutes of wards without dying, the enemy has basically killed me once by effectively gaining a 300 gold boost over me, and even then someone with super speed like Yi or tanky like Alistar can gank by going past the turret around the wards. I'd rather risk the 50-50 chance of getting ganked and effectively canceling out the gold with the enemy (I saved 300 gold and they gained a comparable amount) than spend the gold and effectively *give* them more gold than me while still having the chance of dying from ganks by certain champions. If you keep stuns always up or if your team is good at pinging and calling mia or if you have good map awareness or if you dont over-extend, then you rarely need wards and often dont even need a ward until after the first time you go back to base (depending on who the enemy jungler is).

You don't need more than 4 wards to ward most of the map... Honestly your team should really only ward half the map: your side if you are losing and their side if you are winning... and even then you can simply take the three wards from the sightstone and completely ward one fourth of the map, as long as your team always stays in those two lanes you will dominate that part of the jungle without wasting needless wards.

The only reason you need more wards than the sightstone gives is that your team is so spread out that you take up the whole map. Your team should stick together a bit more so that you don't need to waste that gold.

adc

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyant123108 View Post
Buy wards in lane for bush and tri-bush? right... So I should spend 150 gold each time I go back. I'm not worth much more than 300 gold so out of 6 minutes of wards without dying, the enemy has basically killed me once by effectively gaining a 300 gold boost over me, and even then someone with super speed like Yi or tanky like Alistar can gank by going past the turret around the wards. I'd rather risk the 50-50 chance of getting ganked and effectively canceling out the gold with the enemy (I saved 300 gold and they gained a comparable amount) than spend the gold and effectively *give* them more gold than me while still having the chance of dying from ganks by certain champions. If you keep stuns always up or if your team is good at pinging and calling mia or if you have good map awareness or if you dont over-extend, then you rarely need wards and often dont even need a ward until after the first time you go back to base (depending on who the enemy jungler is).

You don't need more than 4 wards to ward most of the map... Honestly your team should really only ward half the map: your side if you are losing and their side if you are winning... and even then you can simply take the three wards from the sightstone and completely ward one fourth of the map, as long as your team always stays in those two lanes you will dominate that part of the jungle without wasting needless wards.

The only reason you need more wards than the sightstone gives is that your team is so spread out that you take up the whole map. Your team should stick together a bit more so that you don't need to waste that gold.
You are literally the worst player with the worst reasoning in the world.

As a 0 CS support, you pick heroes that can do their job with no gold. So they can buy wards. Also, here's what's wrong with your reasoning:

If you don't buy a ward, and you die to a gank - you've given the opposing team 450 gold. So that's 6 wards to equal it out. On top of that, by buying a ward and stopping a gank, you are effectively wasting the enemy jungler's time and putting him behind in gold and exp. If he gets off a gank on you, he doesn't fall behind. On top of that, by buying a ward, you're stopping them from getting 450 gold for 3 minutes. So 6 wards = 18 minutes (or 9 if you put down 2), which is about as long as you're going to spend in the lane phase.

If you die, you give the opponent 450 gold plus you lose out on a level of experience, roughly, and 2~ waves of CS. Which is about 300 gold as well. So you can buy 6 wards, which cost 450 gold, and give your ADC a freefarm lane. Or you can NOT buy wards, let your ADC die, and put them far ahead and you far behind.

TL;DR: Buy wards you dumbass.