Buy Wards Please!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChiSqrd

01-02-2013

During the laning phase, you should always be getting a ward or two every time you back to prevent ganks and have good map control. Top lane should ward the river and possibly the tri bush depending on how hard he is pushing while the mid lane should have both top and bottom brushes warded though you should ward the top one if you only have one ward. The jungler should also be getting a ward or two at every back since he will be all over the map and should ward jungle entrances or for your lanes if they have run out of wards. The ADC is the only one who shouldn't need to buy wards every back since the support will usually have enough.

So while most people are good at warding their lanes during the laning phase, it is extremely frustrating to me that people other than the support stop buying wards once the laning phase is over. You should still try to buy a ward or two if you have the money to spare. Even when I play ADC I still buy wards occasionally.

With the Ruby Sightstone, I've seen a lot of supports simply stop buying wards once they get the sightstone. While it is a great item, 3 wards is simply not enough to get good ward coverage. When I play support, I prefer to have a stack of 5 wards in addition to the sightstone. This gives me 8 wards at once and I can easily ward half the map with it.

When I watch pro games, I always see that a majority of the team has at least one ward. Why can't people buy the ward? Wards pay for themselves by getting you kills and preventing deaths. They can win you games if you catch someone out of position or with that charm, bandage toss, ect.

TL;DR

BUY WARDS!

adc

01-02-2013

Because they cost 75 gold and that's the support's job.

Again, everyone makes these posts but fail to realize that the people who need to see it won't see it, and the people who see it generally won't need to see it.

TsG134

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Bottom View Post
Because they cost 75 gold and that's the support's job.

Again, everyone makes these posts but fail to realize that the people who need to see it won't see it, and the people who see it generally won't need to see it.
I hate it when idiots say only support has to buy wards, I can see you wouldn't survive mid or top or even jungle when your blue gets stolen as Amumu. Buy wards it WILL decrease your dying ratio from a gank and stop trolls blaming players for not buying wards for them because they died because they were over extended.

And if your trolling that sums up half of the LoL community

adc

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsG134 View Post
I hate it when idiots say only support has to buy wards, I can see you wouldn't survive mid or top or even jungle when your blue gets stolen as Amumu. Buy wards it WILL decrease your dying ratio from a gank and stop trolls blaming players for not buying wards for them because they died because they were over extended.

And if your trolling that sums up half of the LoL community
And what, the other half is made up of people who don't know what sarcasm is?

Voyles

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Bottom View Post
And what, the other half is made up of people who don't know what sarcasm is?
True and we went over sarcasm a couple of weeks ago. But people with Junior Members under their screen name might not notice the Senior Members under our names and/or seen all the excuses we see by being on the forums so much.

Yes, wards win games. We know that. The people who don't know it won't usually see it here anyways. Because they aren't Support and didn't put any wards here to know.

Proxy345

01-03-2013

The entire map does not need to be warded,which is why supports often buy a sightstone and never buy another ward again.

Vaenilskil

01-03-2013

Why should I buy wards when no one on my team Plays worth a **** and everyone wants to ban each other lol

DragnDave

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxy345 View Post
The entire map does not need to be warded,which is why supports often buy a sightstone and never buy another ward again.
I don't agree. I buy a sight stone, but then also supplement buying wards because sometimes 2 wards just aren't enough at one time. I like having 4 or 5 wards out. 2 in my lane, 1 in bush by river, 1 in dragon, and sometimes 1 in the enemy junglers ramp to river. Vision is OP.

Vaenilskil

01-03-2013

I personally think it depends on the Team your facing do you have a Counter Jungler on Enemy Tea m Like Lee? or Hyper Agressive Bot that got your turret down in 8 Minutes Because of your Fail Jungle? If you have a good team Top on either side wards top bush river and tri bush either side (saves yourself from ganks) I only buy 2 for top if Im up in Cs from my counter part. Strong jungler leaves behind wards at high target Minions if Support fails to do SO IE Drag Baron Elder Golems etc when i Jungle I carry x3 wards after 12 Minutes and ward high traffic areas or as needed by weak lanes like fail adcs and supports that dont ward. However I personally think Support should only be responsible for protecting adc until 15 Minutes and lanes phasing starts then refocuses on High Value and traffic ares River etc mostly mid sense thats where most noob team start early game pushes.

jester82

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2013

Cute post but people who need to realize the importance of wards dont read forum.