Kill-Stealing

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VisionHoly

12-26-2012

Hello,

My firends and I play LoL very often and were tired of having someone droping out of nowhere and stealing our kills. Evetually, we hit upon this idea: have an update that if someone strikes a killing blow to an enemy and if they have done less than 50% of the damage to the target, they get the announcement:, "Kill-Steal!" (or something similiar). And, let's say, have a differend count for ks and get less xp out of them, pending on how much % of the damage they did to the target. I think that many players would agree to my statement that having most of what-should-have-been our kills counted as assists is frustratig. And, of course, there would be some players, who won't agree to this suggestion, because they get a lot out of kill-stealing. My friends and I would be very grateful if this topic gets the attention of an administrator or developer and we get a chance to hear the oppinion of a professional.

Thank you for your time, and feel free to post various replies with oppinions. We want to know what you think about this.

Megarolf

12-26-2012

You never know if you really got the kill,and if you didnt get the kill,it really shouldnt matter to you.As long as your team gets feed. Do you really want your team to be weakened like that.Stop being a dumb

Troa

12-26-2012

Vision, you are talking about killing off your own team by reducing the team wide benefits of a kill. That is plain silly. And your automatic assumption that anyone who doesn't agree with you is someone who kill steals all the time instantly makes no one give a **** what you have to say.

SG Fure

12-26-2012

This is somewhat reasonable solution to the problem of kill stealing. The thing is, in my eyes, the game of LoL does not involve stealing of kills at all. The game is completely team oriented. As long as the kill goes to your team your should not complain. Yes, in some cases a single person can carry a team to victory but mostly its the team effort that wins. Also i have found that the more you play the game the less often you get your kills stolen because you figure out the best way to finish off your opponents. But in all cases as long as your team wins it does matter who gets the kills.

SkepticalChymist

12-27-2012

Team Game, stop complaining about KS. Man, this is one of my biggest issues with this game right now. Winning should be your goal, not having a high K/D Ratio. There are ALOT of ppl who play this game who don't get that.

Ya ya, there are times where a certain type of player should get the kill for the gold. I get that. I play alot of support. I try and let me carry get as many kills as they can. But to complain about it simply because you think you deserve the glory or something is just lame. I get alot of pride in having a high assist number. I count those as kills right along side my normal kills, and you should too.

IgankeduLOL

12-31-2012

This is the best solution guys...

Diarmhadi

12-31-2012

no such think as a KS in a TEAM game. I play a support. I poke and poke and poke until they're low enough to get rocked. With your model my ADC get's less exp for kills im trying to feed them. bad idea is bad.

ElDynamite

01-01-2013

You can't KS in a team game. Your TEAM got the kill; it doesn't matter who got the kill count and who got the assist. Really, it's pointless to complain.

Durentis

01-01-2013

I tell people in game again and again that there is no such thing as KS in a team game. If at least one learns from that, then I suppose it's worth the effort.

I play Ashe. I get a lot of kills, but typically many more assists. I wear the assists as a badge of honour and confirmation that I'm fulfilling my role. Despite the fact that teammates should back off of last hits if possible while laning to invest in their carry, it's still a plus for the team and not irritating in the slightest.

Kelnack

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-02-2013

There is also the problem of if you die in combat and your teammate finishes off someone that you failed to kill. Even if they only hit him with a single autoattack, they need that kill because you failed