Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Hopefully I'm not the only one that feels this way.

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

01-03-2013

Hi Halp,

One of the great things about the game is that Riot has been extremely responsive to player concerns in all areas. For example, when talking about Tribunal, there was an outpouring of community support for the idea of reform cards to let players have a better idea why they were banned. That concept has since been instituted.

In this case, while some players do have concerns about their Tribunal Cases, the system is regularly audited and in checking the results has talked about how, on average, the player judges are more lenient than Staff itself would have been.

While answers to some of the more common support requests may seem a bit formulated, they are in fact sent by real people, not automated messages. In most cases with ban requests, while cases are examined, they are not able to be overturned.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HalpMehPlayze

Member

01-03-2013

Quote:
Javacup:
League has over 12 million daily users, you cannot expect them to instantly reply to every ticket.

Regarding your screenshots, what kind of answer were you honestly expecting...? The automated response pretty much explained it.


Ok but it was an automated response that had little to nothing to do with what I was saying. I was told (after an initial email containing the same info as these new emails) the same old story about the tribunal. I wasn't asking them why I got suspended or how it happened. I was past that. These were just the automated responses I had already gotten... They sent twice because I responded to the email. No real person read any of it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HalpMehPlayze

Member

01-03-2013

Quote:
Aregionius:
Hi Halp,

One of the great things about the game is that Riot has been extremely responsive to player concerns in all areas. For example, when talking about Tribunal, there was an outpouring of community support for the idea of reform cards to let players have a better idea why they were banned. That concept has since been instituted.

In this case, while some players do have concerns about their Tribunal Cases, the system is regularly audited and in checking the results has talked about how, on average, the player judges are more lenient than Staff itself would have been.

While answers to some of the more common support requests may seem a bit formulated, they are in fact sent by real people, not automated messages. In most cases with ban requests, while cases are examined, they are not able to be overturned.


I feel like maybe you misunderstand the point I'm trying to make. I do not believe for one second that the emails I received were from a real person, because of the random, erratic order in which I received them. They were not rational responses to what I had sent and were duplicates of emails I was sent after my initial request was submitted on the website.

The problem is also the punishment system. I understand the need for strict penalties and relatively low requirements for suspension, but for me it was just plain ridiculous. All I'm trying to do is change how the judgment system works, change how the player support works. I want to know that if I have concerns I can talk with a real person who will answer my questions specifically, not send me some pre-written response that maybe kind of relates a little bit to my question on a very broad, general basis.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tyra Wadman

Senior Member

01-03-2013

It's called having patience. There are only a few people digging through millions of support tickets. The more you send, the more **** they have to wade through. Find something else to occupy your time if it's that bad.

Your messages are silly. " I retaliated, but they started it!"

"You might have a Terms Of Service that I agreed to joining this site, but I think it's wrong and Riot should change their entire site based on my ideologies!"

Even if they started it, you were reported for your behavior and were seen adding to the toxic community. And it's not like you couldn't have reported them after game as well. What's to say they haven't been suspended/banned along with you?

Having a link to your Tribunal might also help as a future note...

Perhaps take your own advice? If you can't take the heat, stop playing online games or learn to just move on and ignore the morons harassing you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

imNickG

Senior Member

01-03-2013

See, one thing I absolutely agree with you is that making reported player's text purple does make it one sided, but if we notice that, is not like the other 12 million players dont.

What I do when I read through the chat log after realizing only reading purple is misleading is that I started to skim through the entire chat long, not only the purple ones, and for some of them I can tell that the player was acting in a manner of self defense. So I chose to forgive them, and most of the fellow players will pick wisely and they will eventually be forgiven.

Think about your actions, are you truely just acting in a self defense way? Perhaps not so much when you are in anger?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HalpMehPlayze

Member

01-03-2013

Quote:
Tyra Wadman:
It's called having patience. There are only a few people digging through millions of support tickets. The more you send, the more **** they have to wade through. Find something else to occupy your time if it's that bad.

Your messages are silly. " I retaliated, but they started it!"

"You might have a Terms Of Service that I agreed to joining this site, but I think it's wrong and Riot should change their entire site based on my ideologies!"

Even if they started it, you were reported for your behavior and were seen adding to the toxic community. And it's not like you couldn't have reported them after game as well. What's to say they haven't been suspended/banned along with you?

Having a link to your Tribunal might also help as a future note...

Perhaps take your own advice? If you can't take the heat, stop playing online games or learn to just move on and ignore the morons harassing you.


My tribunal link expired, otherwise I would have.

To make my arguments sound so vague is not really helping any side of the argument. The larger picture is what this article is about, not what I said specifically in that particular email.

As far as patience, I don't see how six to seven days is not being patient? There are going to be a lot of complaints or questions from these millions and millions of players, and a lot of times a simple pre-written answer is not what they need. But it's all they get. That's the point I'm trying to make. Not that I want my tribunal case over turned and my suspension (which was a month ago) to be lifted. Please understand what I'm trying to get across before insulting me.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HalpMehPlayze

Member

01-03-2013

Quote:
imNickG:
See, one thing I absolutely agree with you is that making reported player's text purple does make it one sided, but if we notice that, is not like the other 12 million players dont.

What I do when I read through the chat log after realizing only reading purple is misleading is that I started to skim through the entire chat long, not only the purple ones, and for some of them I can tell that the player was acting in a manner of self defense. So I chose to forgive them, and most of the fellow players will pick wisely and they will eventually be forgiven.

Think about your actions, are you truely just acting in a self defense way? Perhaps not so much when you are in anger?


Again, this is not about my case. The suspension has been over for about four weeks now. I am simply trying to make Riot aware that many of us are not ok with how certain processes are handled. For instance, the Tribunal and the player support requests.

If someone only reads the chat, but doesn't see what happens in game, how can you be sure who is really to blame? Maybe the accused person is simply responding to toxic in-game behavior? The end score doesn't justify this, either. Bad games happen. If the player's build suggests he/she was striving to win the game, then how is the behavior toxic? There is no way to know this without watching the actual game. Not to mention the purple text in the Tribunal case.

Now, I'm saying they need to implement a replay system into the tribunal or anything like that. That would be way too complicated right now. However, the standards they use for punishments should be a little higher, and more specific. Arguments are going to happen. But without seeing the incident take place, there is very little ground to justify punishment. He said, she said kind of thing.

If you looked at the pictures of the emails, you'll notice that it took place over 4 days. That was only after waiting 3 days for a response. I've never experienced a wait or lack of relevant response like this with any other company. Days. How many customers do you think Verizon has? Or Blizzard? Or Amazon.com? But I can still speak with a real person the same day I send an email with a question? A person that responds to what I say specifically? Does it cost me money to use Amazon? No. Do they still make money off of me? Absolutely. Does their customer support make me upset? No.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HalpMehPlayze

Member

01-03-2013

Bump.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tyra Wadman

Senior Member

01-03-2013

Quote:
HalpMehPlayze:
My tribunal link expired, otherwise I would have.

To make my arguments sound so vague is not really helping any side of the argument. The larger picture is what this article is about, not what I said specifically in that particular email.

As far as patience, I don't see how six to seven days is not being patient? There are going to be a lot of complaints or questions from these millions and millions of players, and a lot of times a simple pre-written answer is not what they need. But it's all they get. That's the point I'm trying to make. Not that I want my tribunal case over turned and my suspension (which was a month ago) to be lifted. Please understand what I'm trying to get across before insulting me.


Not insulting you. Just pointing out the facts.

Think of it as mail:
When you put it in the mailbox people collect it and bring it to a place.
It is organized by someone.
Then someone in that category will open your letter and get to it.
Problem is, they have a thousand + more letters that came in before you and they're just one person having to get through them all.

Seven days isn't a long time. A month can be considered normal for most.

Automated messages were made to save businesses, time and money. If everyone sat there typing back a response personally each time you wouldn't even get a response from your ticket for the next year. It also prevents people from letting their emotions get the better of them, I.E Someone has a bad day and decides to insult someone in a support ticket.

And just think of how much time would be spent clarifying simple rules like this over and over again to everyone! Not everyone has the patience.

You submitted a ticket with a general inquiry about your account and so they responded as such. What more needs to be said? Do you want a "Hi, how are you?" before every response from a staff member? Do you wanna know what they had for breakfast? Or do you wanna know if they're gonna lift your suspension?

You sent in a support ticket with your complaint.
Got impatient.
Received their answer.
Proceed to complain that it is an automated message, but provides the same general response any sane staff member would send back to you.

I really don't see how an automated response in a support ticket could ruin the game.


12