Hopefully I'm not the only one that feels this way.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HalpMehPlayze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-02-2013

As many of you know, there are a lot of League of Legends players. Like, a WHOLE lot. You probably understand that this means they get a lot of feedback. A WHOLE lot. But in being such a large company, this shouldn't be too much of an issue, responding to issues brought up by players. Regardless of the severity of the problem, we deserve to know that they are listening.

Despite being a free-to-play game, there is plenty of incentive to spend money. We've all done it. Some of us might honestly be ashamed of how much money we've put into a free game. The fact is, we have. We are supporting this huge, growing company because we love this game.

But what happens if you experience a problem? Maybe you can't log in, or maybe you are having unusual connection problems in-game. Or maybe the shop just isn't working properly, and you can't buy that new skin you want. It doesn't matter. All of these things can affect your experience playing the game. So what are your options? Well, you can come here. Check the forums. Maybe someone has already had the problem and gotten a solution. Or maybe your problem is new, so unique that there are no previous discussions about it. Start your own discussion! You might get a few different possible solutions, or you might get none. Maybe the answers for some people don't work for you. If this is the case, then it's time to find another source for help.

This time you email the support staff. You send them a nice, proofread letter describing your problem. You wait a little bit, then receive an automated response saying, "Hey, we got your email, thanks for your request." Then you wait. And wait. And wait.... For what? Nothing. Your problem eventually just works itself out; maybe just a glitch that restarting the client solved. But what happened to your customer service request? They never replied to you. So you go to the confirmation email, and click to check the status of your request. It probably says something to the tune of, "We have your request on file, and are waiting to assign a customer service rep." Still? It's been a few days, why hasn't anyone even looked at this? Who knows.

This is what happened to me:
Back when they released the preseason 3 patch, I had just gotten off a suspension. My case was judged by my fellow players. When I viewed the case, I was a little disappointed. Sure, I may have raged a little bit, but who doesn't? It's not like I was on a spree of curse words or anything. When someone is playing poorly, it is our job to let them know so they can correct it. Constructive criticism. This has been an integral part of any online game in the history of online games. If I'm all-caps, curse words, destroying their souls with certain suggestions, then you know what? I deserve to be banned.

However, if you've ever looked at a case on the Tribunal, then you know the accused player's chat is in purple. They display the end score of that player's team, with items and minion count. If you've ever taken the time to read the chat over, you probably tended to ignore everything that wasn't purple. This makes the whole situation seem extremely one-sided. But I'd be willing to bet that a lot of times, the person on trial was only acting in defense. That brings up another question: How do you judge someone for their in-game behavior without actually watching the game? You read the purple chat and decide from that? Well it seems to me the accused never really stood much of a chance in the first place!

If you're like me, you solo queue a lot. And when you solo queue, you get teamed up with premade groups. Quite often, I'm the only one who isn't in a premade. And if you know anything about the matchmaking system, you know that bigger premades get tougher opponents. Which leaves me, basically to fend for myself. What happens? The four-man group is not as good as the opposing team. They ignore whatever lane I'm in, yet throw the blame at me because they'd never insult their buddies. Not me, though. I'm not going to let them just blame me for something I had no part in. Sure, it's a team game, but mostly not until the 15 minute mark, or some time after laning phase. So when the game is clearly lost by ten minutes in, I make it clear that I have no interest in this game any more, and wish to continue to the next. That doesn't go over too well. These premades are extremely sensitive to criticism. Insult one, they all hate me. Four people report me and say how I trolled and raged and lost the game for them. Great. BOOM. Banhammer. But wait! No one on the opposing team reported me? I wonder why...

All this to say that when the preseason 3 patch hit, what happened? What did you expect? Another suspension. Wait, seriously? I haven't even played the game in a week! What is going on here? So I read over the case again. Of course it's more premades mad that I alone didn't carry them, and that I am the cause of everything bad in the world. Never once did I get reported by an enemy player, and more often than not, was given an Honorable Opponent. Is this making sense yet?

I get on today, after a month of barely talking in the in-game chat. Mostly back-and-forth banter before the minions even spawn, then I'm silent. I learned my lesson. Since I'm always going to be with premades with less than a third of the total games I've played, I'll just keep my mouth shut and wait for the loss. It has been roughly two and a half weeks since my last suspension was over and what happens? Another one. Are you serious? I wish I was able to get some answers as to why the punishments for my very typical and common in-game behavior are so harsh. Like I sent them angry letters and now they are just getting back at me for raising my voice.

After the second suspension, I was pretty upset. I sent emails to all sorts of help sources, and never once got a reply. If I feel I have been wrongfully punished, it is my right to appeal my case to be reviewed. My arguments need to be heard. My points need to be made. If I'm wrong then I need to know that, too. But who's listening? Computers. Automated response emails. This has to end.

This very long post is mostly just to say that I have noticed a lot of people upset about the lack of response from any of the Riot staff to any problems. I think it's time we demanded more feedback for ourselves. We have been loyal to this game that we love, and wish to continue supporting them. However, it is not going to be easy to keep veteran players around when we feel like our voices and concerns are never heard. We need to feel that if we have a problem, we can talk to a real staff member. Not a robot.

I hope I'm not stabbing in the dark here. I hope there are those of you who feel the same way I do, because I'm gradually losing interest in this game. I want to like this game. I want to keep supporting them because I think what they have here is truly amazing. I want to be a part of it as long as I can.

Sincerely,
HalpMehPlayze

EDIT: Have some screen shots from the emails I was sent. They will be in chronological order from left to right. Notice the dates each was sent/received. Mr. 4eyes is not a real person, unfortunately. The last one is for laughs because they really have the nerve to send that one. Enjoy:

º Verd º

01-02-2013

+10000

SIams Dunkley

01-02-2013

Game is fun. Play it.

HalpMehPlayze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffinborn View Post
Game is fun. Play it.
I can't, remember?

HalpMehPlayze

01-02-2013

Bumping for extended shelf-life.

Rarepig

01-03-2013

Dude, I've had 2 lvl 30 accounts banned. I have been where you have been. This community is tainted with the filth of this earth because it is free to play, and it always will be.

You have to be the bigger man. Take all the **** they throw at you, and don't throw a single thing back. It's a game and at the end of the day they're the ones being immature and lashing out at others.

It's one of my new years resolutions to never be banned in the league of legends, ever again.

Will I achieve this goal?

Only time may tell.

Good day, summoners.

HalpMehPlayze

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rarepig View Post
Dude, I've had 2 lvl 30 accounts banned. I have been where you have been. This community is tainted with the filth of this earth because it is free to play, and it always will be.

You have to be the bigger man. Take all the **** they throw at you, and don't throw a single thing back. It's a game and at the end of the day they're the ones being immature and lashing out at others.
I wish I could. But I have the feeling I'm nearing the end of my Riot Games leash. My suspensions are at 2 weeks now, so if it happens again, I might be banned. An account with all but 6 champions owned, and skins for every one of the champions except maybe one or two. No. I've been playing this game since the Talon patch and I've put a lot of money into this game. I love this game and I want to continue supporting it, but when I'm getting closer and closer to being banned over some seriously stupid stuff, it's hard not to get a little disheartened. You are a better man than me to completely turn the other cheek. It's something of which I don't believe myself capable. Kudos to you though, I hope you can achieve your goal.

Javacup

01-03-2013

League has over 12 million daily users, you cannot expect them to instantly reply to every ticket.

Regarding your screenshots, what kind of answer were you honestly expecting...? The automated response pretty much explained it.

Rarepig

01-03-2013

Wow. I've rarely spent money on my accounts but to lose so much time and money would just be disgusting. I will keep you in my league of legends prayers friend.

Chaos Warrior

01-03-2013

i recently encountered the same thing with my riot support on eu server. every answer even worst than the previous. i also have posted a forum for my problem. hopefully they will answer...