Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

New Lightbringer Passive: No Shrooms for Teemo

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lessis

01-03-2013

Quote:
Reynmaker:
Sounds about right. Attack move into the brush seems like enough. If it reveals in brushes, Teemo becomes irrelevant.

nobody wants teemo in the game just like they do not want kass just take them out

Fox P McCloud

01-03-2013

Quote:
RiotNome:
I'll fix it to not reveal traps in brush unless you're in it too

I think it still needs to reveal traps in a brush even if you're outside of it (just not champions even if they're on top of the trap)---Teemo just has way too much lock-down/control of jungle just for existing; your only realistic option to avoid taking damage/being slowed is to effectively avoid every single bush once he's 6 or higher.

Considering how expensive this item is Teemo will have plenty of time to wreck havoc and lock down the jungle as is.

Phourc

01-03-2013

Quote:
RiotNome:

I was totes okay with the other way, but this way you at least have a definite way to avoid teemo shrooms (buy lb, don't enter bushes ever) that wasn't there before - no more arriving at windmill at 1/3 health because you hit two shrooms! (Or even better, a teammate hit them for me T-T)

Also, I believe the reveal radius was mentioned to be smaller than the normal view range - I'll post some screenshots for anyone who's interested if/when I get one of my friend to join me on the PBE.

Sauron

01-03-2013

Operation Avoid All Bushes is a go, cap'n!

Let us plainwhack the enemy!

Redeemed In Fire

01-03-2013

Quote:
RiotNome:

So here's the problem I see, and it's a couple of things:

1. If this was enough, then Oracles would work well enough and we wouldn't need the remade Lightbringer
2. Teemo can switch to brush shroom spamming and force you to A: facecheck a bunch of bushes (60 second CD, and any jungle fight will have you weaving in an out of as many as 4 or 5 different bush patches) despite having the sweeper active, or B: get his team a lot of free ambushes because He Owns The Bush. I.E. he still will bring too much power with this proposed Lightbringer.
3. new Lightbringer is somewhat niche and only useful on some champions, so it's not always the case that it's a viable purchase in the first place
4. Teemo (and shaco, the other one this counters) are incredibly poorly designed, and until fixed, do not deserve to be viable in any way shape or form. In this case, all we can do is ask you to beg Live Balance to nerf them into oblivion and beg champion reworks to move them up, but given how quickly they are(n't) moving, i doubt this will happen. =(

Reynmaker

01-03-2013

Quote:
Fox P McCloud:
I think it still needs to reveal traps in a brush even if you're outside of it (just not champions even if they're on top of the trap)---Teemo just has way too much lock-down/control of jungle just for existing; your only realistic option to avoid taking damage/being slowed is to effectively avoid every single bush once he's 6 or higher.

Considering how expensive this item is Teemo will have plenty of time to wreck havoc and lock down the jungle as is.

Not being able to see traps or champions in a bush unless they attack or you enter the bush is a gameplay mechanic. I don't see how it makes sense for one item to be made an exception. Simply attack-moving into the bush obeys the universal mechanic and also still negates shrooms.

ricedream5

01-04-2013

Quote:
Reynmaker:
Not being able to see traps or champions in a bush unless they attack or you enter the bush is a gameplay mechanic. I don't see how it makes sense for one item to be made an exception. Simply attack-moving into the bush obeys the universal mechanic and also still negates shrooms.

No, that just causes you to detonate the shroom.

KaWraith

01-04-2013

Whether or not lightbringer (and sweeper coming soon[tm] ) reveal shrooms in brush will change teemo's status in dominion.
Currently Teemo is cheesecake tier in dominion, he brings unprecedented map control that cannot be countered.
If brush shrooms are revealed, teemo probably moves down to tier 2 in high level competitive play (strong but not too strong).
if brush shrooms remain hidden, teemo is still a high tier 1 champion (Very strong, but manageable by smart play/teamwork).

Either way he will still be strong and viable in all levels of play, but at high levels of play he will no longer be basically unstoppable. revealing traps in the brush would make the item much more friendly to lower elo players and help a lot with AP shaco's box stacking. If low Elo dominion and the player-base is the focus, I think an item that very strongly counters a champion is worth it.

Sykomyke

01-04-2013

I like the changes but instead of countering a champ who is OP right now...BALANCE HIM. AP Ratios are his spells are absurd. And NERF BFT. It needs to have a TON of changes put to it. Make it so that aoe,dots only do 1/2 the burn damage. It needs to be looked at like Rylais did. AoE/traps/DoT spells need to have a lesser burn effect. It's not rocket science Riot.

Dimsumi

01-04-2013

To the best of my knowledge the new lightbringer still retains its passive stealth detecting mist of a target area for 10 seconds every 60 seconds. This is what players should be using to check bushes.

On top of that BFT's is getting a nerf - 1000 gold for + 10 AP + 10% CDR and + 10 mana regen (who needs regen on dominion anyway)... I'm still of the opinion that BFT's passive and any other damaging effect should only trigger on the first damage received for all DoTs.

If it wasn't clear, I'm saying that I think traps in bushes should not be revealed!