New Lightbringer Passive: No Shrooms for Teemo

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tortferngatr

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphane View Post
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oo
Hey, we want Teemo's shrooms to have better counterplay options than Oracle's Watermelon Juice. We don't want one of the big reasons Teemo can be fun in the first place to be completely moot on Dom/TT.

Orphane

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortferngatr View Post
Hey, we want Teemo's shrooms to have better counterplay options than Oracle's Watermelon Juice. We don't want one of the big reasons Teemo can be fun in the first place to be completely moot on Dom/TT.
Fun is an interesting case..

Genericke

01-03-2013

Quote:
I'm totally comfortable with Teemo being moot on dominion.

Lessis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by konfetarius View Post
It probably shouldn't auto-reveal traps in bushes. Teemo needs to be able to put shrooms down somewhere.

inFe eD (2:42):
nope
**** teemo
is it only teemo
what about shaco
NOOOOOOOOOOOO
konfetarius (2:43): see
also that
inFe eD (2:43): NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

That said, could you also modify the passive to allow us to somehow allow safe disarming nidaree traps? Because her traps are a little too much bull****. Or, at the very least, make it put up the little sign over her traps.
there is no way to disarm nid trap and they **** you for 12 seconds just too long think you shorten that time and change the % reduction (along with a lot of the other mr and armor reduction abilities) and she should be fine

hinderlopen

01-03-2013

Quote:
There are still champions that will never ever want to buy lightbringer at all, for any reason. So it's likely that no teemo will be up against 4-5 lightbringers. In fact, it should only be popular on ad carries and a few bruisers (champions who aren't likely to be heading first into the jungle and who take the most damage from shrooms). This means that tanks and bruisers may still hit random shrooms and be softened up a little before reaching the windmill while squishy ads should arrive just fine instead of arriving at half hp. If the squishies never facecheck brushes, the above will happen regardless of lightbringer's ability to see into them. It will not be such a terrible situation that once someone buys a lightbringer no shroom will be stepped on, teemo's ult will still have the same function as before.

Now let's assume you're playing against a teemo, one of your allies has a lightbringer (which can see traps in bushes <- very important), and all those heading top have just revived. Your team should have 2 options when running through the jungle: using your squishy lightbringer bearer to minesweep or being safe and putting tanks in front. The benefit of having the squishy in front is that he'll clear the shrooms for you, but if the enemy decided to bush camp he'll be an easy kill. If you put your tank in front as is the standard, the tank will receive damage but it won't cripple his teamfighting ability. Also, a gank attempt on the latter can be disengaged safely because of the shroom's slow. Teemo's team has a viable tactic to kill off the enemy carries in case a lightbringer is bought and causes trouble.

To summarize:
assume lightbringer can see traps in bushes.
-tanks/ad casters/most bruisers STILL won't want lightbringer
-squishy ad's won't be crippled by random shrooms when trying to run towards the windmill
-the counter to shrooms in bushes is putting your squishy in front
-the counter to putting a squishy in front is a bush gank.

assume lightbringer cannot see traps in bushes:
-tanks/ad casters/most bruisers STILL won't want lightbringer
-there is no new counter to shrooms in bushes, hope there isn't a shroom there or build mr

Lightbringer seeing traps in bushes creates more play options than not being able to do so; it should make dominion more fun when playing against a teemo. I think the only thing that can go wrong with it will be carries being safely behind tanks AND being able to kill shrooms before they do damage. So all that needs to be limited is how far the lightbringer can see into bushes and this problem won't come up (I suggest somewhere between 200 and 400).

PLEASE let lightbringer see traps in bushes.

Arixa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
I'll fix it to not reveal traps in brush unless you're in it too
Aw I was almost excited about this item. Too many places you can put shrooms where you basically have to enter the brush and eat the shroom. Especially true if you put two shrooms in one bush, guaranteeing a hit just for trying to trap check.

Zkhar Runeclaw

01-03-2013

The active shows shrooms in bushes, no?

Reynmaker

01-03-2013

Quote:
Sounds about right. Attack move into the brush seems like enough. If it reveals in brushes, Teemo becomes irrelevant.

Greyfauxx

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuri Ono View Post
...what, you think I'm making a gag topic?

http://www.surrenderat20.net/2013/01/12-pbe-update.html

The Lightbringer

New Unique Passive: Nearby Stealthed enemy traps are revealed.

No idea if 'stealthed' also includes 'in the bushes' yet or not. Regardless, I really really hope this change survives PBE and makes it to Live. Happy Dom days if so. XD
god I hope so. Teemo is so over powered in TT and Dom because he can spam wards everywhere, and there's very little retaliation or way to save your teamates.

Lessis

01-03-2013

Quote:
y do you listen to konfetarius building an item that has to counter 1 character is dumb if it nerfs him out of the GOOD we will not miss can you do the same with kass