When is the banning system going to change?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Drakojan

01-10-2013

Bump. Good idea :D. I find it sad that the randoms I find in draft mode can call the bans that the other team will pick, and they're always right lol.

Henry Plainview

01-10-2013

Zileas thinks the current system is perfect, no can do.

Iner7ia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Plainview View Post
Zileas thinks the current system is perfect, no can do.
If it really just comes down to that, it's pretty depressing. This game could be a lot better than it is.

Max Gripness

01-10-2013

no this sucks. it's fine the way it is.

OP seems like the kinda guy who will feel justified when he reads my post without any reasoning behind it. my reasoning is; if it isn't broken, why fix it?

apparently you don't possess the abstract thought necessary to understand the implications something like this could have on this game's balance and overall fun. just because something else works in another game doesn't mean it will work in this one. you would have to provide a hell of a lot more of an argument in order to persuade them to make a change this large.

i really don't understand why the current banning system is bad anyway, and you really don't explain that in your post other than "i don't like it and want it to change because of my personal feelings for it"

they should increase 6 bans to at least 8, possibly 10 at the most. other than that, banning system is perfectly fine and if you change anything else you're just f***ing with it for the sake of it, which is really stupid

Iner7ia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Šominus View Post
no this sucks. it's fine the way it is.

OP seems like the kinda guy who will feel justified when he reads my post without any reasoning behind it. my reasoning is; if it isn't broken, why fix it?

apparently you don't possess the abstract thought necessary to understand the implications something like this could have on this game's balance and overall fun. just because something else works in another game doesn't mean it will work in this one. you would have to provide a hell of a lot more of an argument in order to persuade them to make a change this large.

i really don't understand why the current banning system is bad anyway, and you really don't explain that in your post other than "i don't like it and want it to change because of my personal feelings for it"

they should increase 6 bans to at least 8, possibly 10 at the most. other than that, banning system is perfectly fine and if you change anything else you're just f***ing with it for the sake of it, which is really stupid
I'm a little confused. Your first sentence suggests that there should be no change, and your last paragraph suggests that there should be 8 to 10 bans. So I guess what that means is that your comment is only directed towards my idea of having two banning phases instead of one.

I'll admit, it is my personal feeling that this system should change at least in the sense of having more bans, but I believe I have given some relatively good reasons as to why, and therefore what you said here is a little unfair. My main concern about the banning system is actually just the number. There are over one hundred champions in League of Legends, and only SIX of them can be banned. That is the biggest problem that I have with this banning system. The multiple ban phase idea was just a suggestion, as it could help reduce the meta and could force people to think a little more about banning, as well as stimulate teamwork. At the moment, as Zileas himself said, bans are only used to take out S tier champions, signature champions, and champions that the captain believes will counter their strategy. Well, I think that with the number of champions in the game, it's becoming harder to even ban champions that counter a strategy, I think that S tier champions probably shouldn't exist but since they do, there are enough of them that 6 bans doesn't allow a person to ban S tier AND strategy-countering champions, and I think that banning signature champions is impossible outside of tournaments. However, since the game is balanced (rightfully so) based on the competitive side, it STILL makes sense to increase the bans even though signature champions will be banned from time to time, as AGAIN, it prevents there from being a consistent meta. I said it before, but I would rather see my favorite player play their best champion and dominate once in a while than to see it every single game.

Getting back to the point, the two-phase idea was a suggestion. Instead of banning "OP champions", it would cause people to ban champions that they actually think the other team might at least think about picking. Champions like Malphite, Alistar, and Amumu are so commonly banned now that they may as well not be pickable. I also said in the main post that if anyone had a different suggestion, it was welcome.

Now, as far as the "don't fix it if it isn't broken" part of what you said. I wouldn't really apply that. First of all, it may not be "broken" now, but at the rate that Riot shoots out champions, it's going to be. But putting that aside, as it is right now it may not be broken, but that doesn't mean it can't be improved. Here's what your little saying sounds like to me:

Someone comes up with a great new idea, it's called a car. Basically the idea of a car is that you can drive it, and it will get you places quickly. You can get to very specific places, rather than just train stations.

All of a sudden, a man interjects, "We already have horses. Transportation is fine as it is. Don't fix it if it isn't broken."

And then the upcoming company, Ford, never came to exist, and in 2013 people use horses to cross the country, because the same argument was presented when a man suggested airplanes.

"Don't fix it if it isn't broken" is a pretty stupid thing to say in a lot of situations. Things don't need to be broken to be improved. Telephones weren't broken in the 90's, but someone still invented cell phones. So I'm not saying that the banning system in League of Legends is broken, only that the game has the potential to be a lot better. That's it.

Iner7ia

01-11-2013

bump

Iner7ia

01-11-2013

bump

Iner7ia

01-11-2013

bump

Iner7ia

01-12-2013

bump

Iner7ia

01-12-2013

bump