When is the banning system going to change?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Droogslayer

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kėnfrot View Post
I would love to to see a pick > ban > pick > ban style
Would be nice... if you were the second player to pick for every role.

Iner7ia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rotting Poet View Post
No.

The reason why Dota2 has the banning system that it does is because that metagame is centered MUCH more strongly around counterpicking. Thus, the second/expanded ban phase in Dota2 is centered around the strategy of counterpicking and denying the enemy of counterpicks.

This is a bad idea. The reason why they have a different banning system is because they are different games and the respective banning systems of each are a reflection of that. This is not to say that the banning system should stay the way it is forever, but merely that suggesting that LoL just adopt Dota2's banning system is just not a beneficial proposition.
A lot of people have said this, but I still go back to the number of bans. Even if the banning phase idea isn't possible for this game, there still aren't enough bans available. Also, I understand that DotA 2 is a different game than LoL, but I don't really see how this is a good reason to not use DotA's banning system considering that almost everything that Riot does already is borrow from DotA's ideas. If you're going to give an explanation for why it won't work, please explain how it would hurt League of Legends gameplay instead.

Iner7ia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2013

bump

Iner7ia

01-29-2013

bump

Iner7ia

01-30-2013

bump

Iner7ia

01-31-2013

bump

Iner7ia

01-31-2013

bump

Iner7ia

02-01-2013

bump

Iner7ia

02-02-2013

bump

Iner7ia

02-04-2013

bump